22

Katsuki? A Romantic?

Katsuki hates the common room.

It's constantly filled with everything he hates: loud noises, unusual smells, UA extras.

Today is no different, except this time he's being forced to exist in said place with five of his favorite least favorite people. They're watching some shitty American chick flick that makes him want to do nothing more than scream and sever off his own head. They're trying to have their weekly squad hangouts, but the tv in Denki's room broke so they're stuck here. (And no one but Denki is willing to clean up the messes they always leave.)

Hanta groans, "Who picked this movie again? Mina?" The pinkette on the floor shakes her head and points over to Denki, who's sat next to him in the loveseat.

"What? The Notebooks good! Sue me." In the movie, the couple (or whatever they are, Katsuki's not quite sure) row in the boat and it starts to rain. The scene's so cliché Katsuki thinks he might puke. 0/10.

Eijirou nods in agreement next to Katsuki, "I don't mind it."

"Yeah well, you don't mind anything, Shitty Hair." Katsuki reminds. The red head scratches the back of his next guiltily.

"Awe come on," Denki whines, flopping himself across Hanta's crossed legs, "Don't you find romantic movies endearing? Inspirational? Like, don't you wanna find out what they're experiencing and kiss someone you love in the rain? Get down on your knees yelling, 'Please don't leave me, you're all I have!'" Denki's performance is overdramatic and annoying, just like him. Katsuki's answer is no. If anything, romantic movies make him want to throw the remote at the tv.

(Katsuki says there's a reason they're only extras and not the main characters. This is why.)

"The only time I get down on my knees is when-" A pink hand keeps Hanta from spewing anymore filth.

"Ugh," Denki deflates, "None of you are romantics at all. Except for Eijirou. Maybe."

"Hey, thanks man!"

"I'm a romantic." Katsuki jumps, he completely forgot about the third person on the couch.

"See! Even Shinsou is a romantic! C'mon guys," The electric teen bangs his feet against the loveseat, "Romanticize with me," Katsuki's never seen someone so frustrated over something so...stupid.

"Well first they need someone to romanticize with," Mina turns around so she's facing the rest of the group instead of the tv, "C'mon boys. You've got crushes and I know it."

Hanta turns bright red, but Katsuki blinks back blankly. Then a scowl crawls across his face.

"I don't have a crush," he growls. Crushes are stupid. Crushes are for kids, or adults with no future. He's busy trying to become a hero dammit, he has no time to worry about someone else's well being. (Nor does he care or want to.)

Mina rolls her eyes like the answers obvious, "It doesn't have to a current one, idiot. Just pick and old crush, or a celebrity you think is hot." She acts like it's simple, like he can just pick anyone and be satisfied. She's wrong. Crushes are fucking rocket science.

"Haven't had those either." Katsuki takes a swig from his water bottle, brown sugar wafts into his nose. Is someone messing with the AC?

Shinsou snorts, "Why am I not surprised?"

Katsuki glares at the newest member of their group. Clearly he needs to learn his place, "Shut your trap, Mind Fucker."

"Ooh, that's a new one," Denki teases, and Shinsou gives him a thumbs up. Great, now Katsuki has to worry about both of them.