46

Aint No Rest For the Wicked

Eijirou's been eyeing Katsuki this whole bus ride, and it's starting to tick him off. "What?"

They're on their way to All For One's lair (again) and the trip over is equally as annoying as before, if not more so. The unbreakable hero sighs. "You're bouncing your leg like a rabbit."

Katsuki stops his bouncing leg with a firm arm, "No I'm not."

The red head groans, "Oh my god, just accept the fact that you're nervous and move on." Katsuki narrows his eyes at him. What a dick.

"I'm not fucking nervous." he says through gritted teeth. Which is a lie, because he's nervous as shit. His heart's pounding so fast it sounds like one, steady beat and Katsuki's starting to wonder if it's just heart failure instead.

Eijirou looks at him, "Dude."

"What?" Katsuki snaps back. Rolling his eyes, Eijirou returns to his conversation with Denki. Katsuki goes back to staring out the window.

"Alright everyone, we're here. Off the bus." And yes, they're traveling via school bus, because how else are they supposed to get there? None of them are eighteen except Dabi and Twice, but no one trusts them with a car. Or a license.

Just like the last time, the police knock on the door with a warrant, Endeavor gives them the option to surrender through the megaphone. The cicadas laugh at them from the trees, because even they know All For One would rather go down fighting than surrender on his own.

"Charge!"

The heroes rush the building, ground rumbling under stampeding feet. The outside looks like some kind of family home, but a maze on the inside. When they enter, the building is dead silent. Katsuki's ears strain so hard they're ringing.

Ultimately, because the building is so big the heroes decide to split up in groups. He, Eijirou and Dabi creep down the hallway behind Vlad on high alert. It reminds him of the last time they were here, but Katsuki tries not to think about it too much.

Dabi's walks in front of him and Eijirou, probably because he knows the place better than they do, "You know your way around, huh Vlad?" He asks. Eijirou and Katsuki don't think about it much, just the ex-villain trying to make conversation. Vlad shrugs.

"Somewhat." The pro hero shrugs.

Katsuki's not paying attention when Dabi stops walking, too deep in his own mind, and runs straight into his jean jacket. Katsuki almost curses at him, but Dabi's back is starting to steam, and his icy eyes stare Vlad down hard enough to freeze him.

"Why'd you bring us here?" Dabi growls. Vlad turns around, sighing like Dabi's a nuisance and gives the heroic trio a deadpan look.

Next to him, Eijirou blinks dumbly, "Uh...what?"

Dabi pushes both of them back behind him with a protective arm, but Vlad wastes zero time in pinning the cremator against the wall, locking him in with hardened blood. Eijirou tries to rush to his rescue, but the pro hero kicks him in the gut unexpectedly, sending him flying back into Katsuki.

"Whoa Vlad, what the-?"

"For two whole years, it's always been about Class 2-A. 'Class 2-A this, and Class 2-A that.'
Well, I'm tired of it! Today's the day things change."

Dabi squirms in his hold, but there's no use. He's stuck. Katsuki and Eijirou hop onto their feet, palms ablaze and body hardening. "What's that supposed to mean?" Katsuki growls.

"It means," He's laser focused on the two students in front of him, letting sections of Dabi's body behind him going up in blue flames, unnoticed, "That you'll die today!" He charges towards the duo at full speed and tries to send a blast of blood in Katsuki's direction, but nothing comes out. He shakes his hand and tries again. "What the...?"