20

A Mini Family Reunion

A loud sound stirs Izuku up from his deep sleep.

He doesn't try to open his eyes, though. The greenette feels like he just went to bed, how can it be morning already? He rolls his right shoulder.

The loud sound happens again, but this time it successfully rattles him out of his slumber completely. Blinking towards his window, he realizes the sun isn't up. His alarm clock blinks: 4:05 am. There's a flash of light and his window rattles.

Kacchan?

He sits up in a panic, maybe he should make sure everything's alright. But Izuku doesn't care about what happens to Katsuki. In fact, he should be cheering on the balcony for gods sake, screaming: knock him out good!

Flicking the crust out of his eyes, Izuku lays back down, smashing his green curls against the pillow. Katsuki can deal with things himself.

Izuku's white t-shirt just doesn't lay right under the covers, and he's all too hot. Looking at the ceiling, he debates turning his fan on, but ultimately decides not too because its too far. He rolls over so he's facing his wall, but now his pants are twisted.

There's a loud smash outside, one that doesn't sound like an explosion. Then there's a scream.

"Fine," Izuku says exasperatedly. Angry and sleepy, he snatches his gross black sweatshirt that he really needs to wash off the floor, tugs his stupid red boots on, and marches over to the balcony.

"Release!" Debris tumble from the sky like rain and Izuku dances on his toes to not get caught on the cross-fire. He looks out on the grassy field his window faces, seeing his classmates lying bruised and battered across the plaza. It looks like Recovery Girl has a safe point far enough away, though, and Katsuki's fighting like his life depends on it. Spinner and Stain look like they're barely trying though, dodging Katsuki's explosions like its light work.

"Ah, there he is," Spinner hisses and stops fighting his opponent, "Izuku Midoriya. Long time no see." The lizard flashes a big ugly grin.

Izuku narrows his eyes and yells from the balcony, "What do you want? I'm already not happy that you woke me up." Katsuki looks up at him and scowls. (Surprise, surprise.) Izuku feels the high of his manufactured quirk thump through his veins as he launches himself forwards, landing in between Katsuki and the villains.

"Leave you fucking nerd! I was just fine on my own!" The ash blond hollers from behind him. Pocketing his hands, Izuku focuses his attention on the explosive teen behind him. Blood runs down his leg in a steady stream.

"Go to Recovery Girl and get your leg checked. I've got it from here." He says, but while he's distracted, Stain thinks it's a good idea to slashes at Izuku's foot. Luckily, Izuku's faster.

Kirishima calls out from somewhere behind him, "Don't let him cut you, Midoriya! If he licks your blood you're paralyzed!"

"Yeah yeah, I know." Izuku yawns, dodging another one of Stain's advances. He's seriously tired, what time is it?

The villain huffs, clearly getting frustrated. "You're the most unworthy hero of all. All you're driven by is rage!" Stain screams. He gets sloppy and Izuku takes advantage of the opening, placing a glowing green foot the villains chest.

"I don't want to be a hero," he sighs and kicks with 20%, enjoying the feeling of satisfaction when he sends Stain tumbling into Spinner behind him. "I want to go to sleep."

Spinner shoves the unconscious villain off of him with a huff (that was easy), and grabs his bundle of swords to flaunt it forwards, "You can sleep forever when you're dead!" He aims for the greenette's gut, eyes full of frustration and determination. Izuku jumps up.