50

The Epilogue

Remember when Katsuki said he wouldn't be caught dead at a congratulatory dinner? Well...

"Katsuki Bakugou, if you move one more damn time, I'm ripping your hair out. And that's a promise." The ash blond glares at his mother through the mirror.

"You already are."

She slaps him on the back of the head, "Oh hush, you're fine. Masaru, what time is it?"

"Six thirty."

Humming, she nods, "And what time do we need to be there?"

"...Seven."

"Shit," his mom throws down all the combs, hair gels, and brushes she has in her hands, "Change of plans, fuck your hair. We gotta go or you'll be late! To your own dinner! Do you know how embarrassing that'll be? C'mon boys, pile into the Baku-mobile!"

(Yeah. Katsuki hates it too.)

Tugging at uncomfortable blood red collar, Katsuki rolls his eyes. Does he have to wear a tie?

His mom ignores his complaints (per usual) and aggressively shoves him into the backseat of their black Audi Q5, head first. He almost smushes the delicate corsage in his hand to keep himself from falling flat on his face. "I don't know why I need this dumb flower thingy anyway. He's a boy and this isn't prom." He sighs.

"It's semantics, Katsuki." His mom looks back at him as she pulls out of the driveway, one arm on the seat as she cranes her neck to peer out the rearview window. That was her answer the first time he asked, too.

The ash blond gives her an exasperated look, but keeps the disrespectful words to himself. This time around.

It doesn't take them that long to reach the school. It's never been too far from home, maybe a twenty minute drive tops, and before he knows it, they're parking and his mother has half a leg out of the car. The butterflies in his stomach tie into a knot and it takes everything in his willpower to keep himself from picking apart the corsage in his lap out of pure nervousness.

Taking a deep, shaky breath, he steps out of the car.

...and almost falls flat on his face.

So maybe the ground is higher up than Katsuki expects, and he would've hit the ground if his mom didn't catch him by the arm at the last second, "You're lucky I have god like reflexes, Squirt."

Yeah, he'd rather hit the ground.

"Baku-bro!" Eijirou waves at him from across the plaza. Behind him, Denki and Hanta are having some petty fight that consists of squinting faces and slapping hands. Like their playing patty cake.

Either way, Katsuki groans. His mom slaps him on the back of the head, "Play nice." Shoving his hands in his pockets, he glares at her.

With these fuckers? "Impossible."

But the trio are standing right in front of him now, Eijirou practically radiating with energy, "Hi Mr. and Mrs. Bakugou!" His mother and father wave back sweetly.

"How lovely! Katsuki, you have friends?" She jokes. And if she wasn't his literal birth giver, Katsuki would've pummeled her into the ground right there.

So he settles for yelling instead, "The fuck do you mean?! 'Course I have fucking friends, who do you take me for? A loser?!"

Before his mom can retort with a yes, in fact he's the biggest loser on planet earth, Masaru drags her towards the entrance of the gym mumbling something about 'letting Katsuki enjoy his day.' Yeah, that's right. Walk away.