10

Feel Something

Eijirou rounds the corner quickly, feet desperately grappling for any kind of friction as he sprints down the hall.

It's mandatory for all students to go see Recovery Girl after hero drills that involve combat, in case they have any injuries they aren't aware of. He and Recovery Girl agreed to meet at five pm. It's five twenty. And if there's one thing Eijirou hates, it's being late.

"Shame on you," Recovery Girl's disapproving voice radiates down the hallway, and Eijirou's feet slow to a stop. Is she talking to him? "These are kids, All Might. They're developing young adults, and you can't keep putting their physical bodies through such physical stress! This boy-I almost couldn't heal him! I don't know how he kept on fighting with the injuries he has...his skull was cracked near the temple, and his spine needed some serious realignment."

The red head freezes. He can't help but feel like he's snooping. Maybe he should go, but he can't not show up to appointment. So Eijirou stays hidden behind the wall. "I couldn't fully heal his back, and there's lots of scarring. Make sure he takes it easy."

"Yes ma'am," All Might replies solemnly. The sad sound of his loafers against the marble floor echoes down the hallway, so Eijirou decides to move without looking...

...and right into All Might.

"Young Kirishima, what a surprise!"

"O-oh! Hey All Might, I was just uh...here for my check up...yeah." he explains, followed by a nervous laugh. Great, now he even sounds suspicious.

"Yes, yes come on in dear," Recovery Girl ushers him into the infirmary, kicking All Might out. Eijirou sits on a plush beige chair as Recover Girl waddles over to the cabinet. "Have you been feeling alright?"

He gives her a wide, toothy grin, "Yep! Only got a few scratches and a nasty looking bruise on my left side." Recovery Girl hums, inspecting the area above his abdomen. She heals him without draining too much of his energy, and says that with a little ice, he'll be fine.

"That's all! If the bruising doesn't go away in a week, just let me know. Okay Dear?"

Eijirou bows, "Of course! Thank you s-"

There's hoarse groan from the corner of the room, "O-ow, my head."

Eijirou jumps, he didn't notice someone else is in here. Recovery Girl rushes to the cot in the back of the room. "Oh no dear, you stay down. I have to check your injuries." Midoriya nods, reclining against the uncomfortable looking bed. Recovery Girl buzzes around him like a bee, but he's unfazed.

"I...like this bed. I think," his fingers open and close around the paper sheets.

The red head takes the open seat next to the nurse, "That's the first time I've heard anyone say that." Eijirou snorts, trying to lift the dampened mood. To him, the infirmary beds feel like a rock.

Midoriya shrugs and blinks at the ceiling, "I don't know. It just is."

"All done!" Recovery Girl dusts her hands off, "Now, promise me you'll take it easy for a few days, alright? I'll leave you boys to it."

The greenette shrugs again, "Okay." It's too quiet, barely even a whisper, so much so Eijirou doubts that she even heard him, but Recovery Girl exits the room anyway. The infirmary door closes with a soft click, and it's like they've been shut in an unbreakable airtight seal.

The sheets rustle, and Midoriya's arms quiver as he tries to lift himself upright again. Eijirou puts a hand on his chest, "Whoa, didn't she just say to lay down?