11

Plus Ultra

The last time Izuku Midoriya was in a Principal's office, it didn't go well. So he tries to snuff the uncomfortable tug at his stomach as he sits down in a plush, brown chair in front of Principal Nezu. All of Izuku's senses are on high alert for anything out of the ordinary.

The majority of the UA staff are here too: Mr. Aizawa, Vlad, and even All Might. They clearly expecting something from him, but no one's said anything yet.

He clears his throat, "Um, hi?"

Principal Nezu, who looks smaller than usual in his oversized chair, pushes a tan manilla folder across the dark wood, "We simply have a few questions," Izuku scoffs. Simply? Heroes always say that, and then interrogations end up lasting for hours. His sweaty palms stick to the folder as he takes the offering. On the tab, his name is written in all caps.

Izuku thumbs through the contents of the folder quickly. The more he read, the more he feels l his stomach developing an ulcer, "What do you want?" he bites, "Seems like you have enough damn proof, what do you need me for? To be your eye-witness?"

"We're not focusing on that," Mr. Aizawa reaches behind him and he points to the first page: his legal records, "We want to know why your quirk is undocumented."

Izuku's shoulders relax, but his guard stays up, "Oh. I dunno," he shrugs.

"Young Midoriya, having an undocumented quirk is highly illegal. Your folks have clean criminal records, none of this makes sense." How dare they hold a knife to his throat like this? Who gives a flying fuck?

"I don't do anything legal."

Mr Aizawa sighs loudly, "Stop being difficult and answer the question," Izuku clicks his tongue, and raises a challenging eyebrow.

"Or what?"

"You'll be forced go share a room with Bakugou for the rest of the semester," Mr. Aizawa glares down at him. Izuku bites his lip.

"You can't do that!"

"Oh I can," his homeroom teacher leans in, "And I will. Now, answer my question."

Izuku groans in annoyance, "My dad left when I was young and Mom died before I got it." a simple answer for a 'simple' question. Screw heroes, honestly.

Mr. Aizawa walks over to the desk, leaning against it without blocking the greenettes view of the principal, "A kid getting a quirk that late in life? Yeah right. I don't believe you."

"Ouch." Izuku smiles like he knew they wouldn't.

All Might leans against the arm of his chair, "You won't get in trouble for it. We just want to know." His voice is steady but soft, a big contrast from the other.

Hands ball into little fists on Izuku's lap. He hates All Might. "Fine," he caves. "All For One gave it to me."

The room grows still, making Izuku all too aware of the incessant click of the clock on the wall. The All Might bobblehead on Principal Nezu's desk rattles quietly, and the large desktop hums from overuse. Mr. Aizawa turns to All Might like he's looking for answers, but the retired hero clearly has none. The greenette blinks, "What?"

Izuku doesn't like the way they look at him like he's an unidentified species.

Principal Nezu waves a dismissive hand, "Nothing. Can you elaborate more on this...given quirk of yours?"

Izuku gives them a wary look, but answers, "Uh, I don't know the details, really. It's a strength enhancer? He said it's the ultimate weapon or something." That's all he's got, but the trio stare at him for more, "I don't know anything else, what do you want from me?"