Chapter 1 The Originals

I walked down the street in the beautiful city of New Orleans with Klaus's hand laced in mine

I walked down the street in the beautiful city of New Orleans with Klaus's hand laced in mine. I watched as people danced, walked, took tours. I smiled as he dragged me to a little corner littered with fake witches. I turned to see the fortune tellers wait at their booths for potential victims to either scam or steal from. I felt a tug on my arm as Klaus pulled me to a booth where the old woman was putting away her supplies. I could feel intense energy coming off her, but it wasn't as strong as the energy that waved down the street. We approach her quickly. He sat down in the chair she had across from her and pulled me onto her lap. "Good afternoon." He said with a smile. "Time for two more?" He asked as his hand slid up my back. The woman watched this as she stopped putting away her things.

"I have nothing to say to you." She said as her eyes never left me.

"Oh, no, that's not very amiable, is it?" He taunted as the woman looked uneasy. "You don't even know us."

"I know what you are. Half-vampire, half-beast. You're the hybrid." She said as her eyes finally met Klaus'.

"He's the original hybrid. But that is a terribly long story which he could probably tell you all about." I explained as I leaned back on his chest. The woman glanced over me again.

"I'm looking for someone, a witch." He said as his hand wrapped around my waist. "Perhaps you might be able to help me find her. Jane-Anne Deveraux." I watched the woman react slightly to the name.

She inhaled a small breath before speaking. "Sorry, I don't know."

"Well, now, that's a fib, isn't it?" His other hand reached out and took hold of the woman's hand. "Now, you see, I know that you're a true witch in this sea of poseurs. So, enough with the fabrications. I've quite a temper."

She pulled her hand out from his. "Witches don't talk out of school in the quarter. The vampire won't allow it. Those are the rules. I don't break Marcel's rules."

I felt Klaus tighten up a bit. "Marcel's rules? Where do you suppose I might find marcel?" He asked as I stood up off of his lap.

"he's probably at his bar. Off bourbon street." She explained as he stood up and laced our hands together again.

"Thank you." He smiled as we walked off. I glanced back to see the woman still staring at me. I brushed it off as Klaus pulled me down the street.

**************************

 We walked up to the bar called My bar at 365. I could hear the loud music inside from the outside. Whoever that is, is pretty talented. Klaus pulled open the door, and I stepped in first. I looked around at the crowd as people danced to the music. I looked up at the stage to see a man singing. He was having fun as he got really into the music. Klaus pushed me forward a bit, but he made sure that he kept me close. "He looks good," I commented. I felt a hard grip on my side. I rolled my eyes as I heard a small growl. "While he's singing." I corrected it.