Chapter 13 Farewell to Storyville.

After a long night of yelling and trying to open the gate, I was sitting on the ground. I sighed as I leaned my head back on the wall. I was tired from sitting in here and listening to Klaus yell from across the way. I rested my arms on my knees as I heard the wind outside. I listened to the leaves rustle across the pavement. Sighing again, I laid my head on my arms. I was more bored than anything else. I turned my head to the side when I heard the gate open. I looked up to see Klaus standing there, still holding the white oak stake in his hand. He walked into the crypt and stood in front of me. "I need you." I lifted my head and stared up at him.

"And when it's done, are you going to put me back in here?" I asked.

"No," he said softly. I rolled my eyes and stood up.

"What do you need?" I asked as he moved to the side to let me walk past him. I stepped past him and out of the crypt. He came out with me and then went off to aside. I followed him to where his siblings were. I sighed happily to see that Bex was still alive.

"What the bloody hell are you doing here?" Bex asked as she turned to see me. Elijah had the same look of shock on his face.

"I was here to stop Klaus from killing you until I was locked in a crypt all night," I said as Klaus brushed past me. "Doesn't seem to work well, I guess."

"Well, I wouldn't say that, love. She is still alive right now." Klaus said as he sat down on a stone next to me.

"I would think that was because of Elijah, more than me." I crossed my arms over my chest. "What was I needed for?"

"You are here to judge." Klaus gestures towards Bex and Elijah with the stake. "Tell me whether she lives or dies."

"You already know my answer, so why am I really here?" I said as I stepped closer to him.

"I am guessing you're here for his anger." Elijah chimed in. "We all know that you are the only one in the world to control that part of him well."

"Okay then, don't kill her," I stated. "Easy enough. I see."

"You are saying that I should forgive her for what she did to me?" he narrowed his eyes at her. "She summoned our father because she hated me."

"It was because you were hateful," Bex said. "You denied me the freedom to love."

"So, that is your reason? Because I wouldn't let you be with Marcel, you called on Mikael to kill me." Klaus argued. I felt my hand rub my face in annoyance.

"You were cruel and controlling and manipulative." She said back.

"I was trying to protect you," Klaus yelled out. "From imbeciles and leeches, not to mention your own poor judgment."

I lifted my head to look at him. "Hey, people said the same thing to me when I married you. A girl has a right to choose her own monster." He snapped his eyes to me. "Sorry, I meant, man." I smiled. "Why did you even forbid her from being with Marcel? I mean, compared to a lot of others, he seems like the best one."

Klaus immediately stood up. "Do not mention his name." He stepped closer to me. "Don't even let his name fell from your lips." I rolled my eyes at his tantrum.

"No, really. I want to know." I said as I stepped closer to him. "What was so bad about him that you wouldn't let them be together?" Klaus seemed to take a step back from me, surprised I asked again. "You don't have a reason, do you?" I stared at him as he turned his head to the side. "And him not being good enough for her is not an answer I will take."

"You say you despise Rebekah for her betrayal, and yet no one has stood by your side for so long, not even I," Elijah said as I stepped back. "Even when Dawn was still alive, there was no one truly on your side. Perhaps it's you that's forgotten. I remember the day that father caught you whittling little chess pieces with his hunting knife. He beat you so mercilessly, and for so long, I actually feared for your life." I watched as Klaus remembered that day with teary eyes.