Chapter 5 Fruit of the Poisoned Tree

I stepped out of the kitchen, holding an apple in one hand and a bowl of ice cream in the other

I stepped out of the kitchen, holding an apple in one hand and a bowl of ice cream in the other. I stepped into the office that was now clean from my spell work from yesterday. I rolled my eyes and went over to where I set the secret grimoire. I looked over the bookshelves. I couldn't find it. "Where is it?" I asked myself as I placed my bowl of ice cream and apple down. I searched through every bookshelf, pulling out some, and looked at the covers. I couldn't find it. I rolled my eyes and grabbed my ice cream again. I walked into the parlor to see Klaus and Elijah reading in different chairs with a dead girl leaking blood onto the carpet. "Where is it?" I asked loudly.

"Where is what, love?" Klaus asked with a smile.

"Don't play dumb, Klaus. Where is the grimoire?" I asked as I took a bite of my ice cream. "I put it on the shelf, and now, it's gone."

"Were you planning on doing another spell today?" Elijah asked as I turned my head towards him. "Or maybe finishing the one that you started yesterday?"

"No." I lied, but these two knew me too well. "I haven't seen one of my grimoires in a long time. I want to read through it again." I could see that they didn't believe me at all. I didn't like leaving things unfinished for very long.

"Well, now, it's not nice to lie, love," Klaus said as he pulled out the said book. I moved to get it back, but he pulled the book away from my hand. "And after your little magic stunt yesterday, you are not allowed to use magic for a while." He said as he frowned.

"So, I'm grounded now because of one little spell that went a bit askew," I stated as I took another bite of my ice cream. "It's not like this hasn't happened before."

"Yes, but now, you have a child to consider." I heard Elijah say from behind me. "If something happens to you, it could hurt your child."

I scoffed as I placed my hand on my stomach as I felt a slight kick. "This is so not fair. The three of you are ganging up on me." I sighed as I sat down next to Klaus. He smiled as he looked at my huffed state. I looked up as Hayley walked through the room and into the kitchen. Elijah got up to follow.

"The three of us?" I heard Klaus ask from next to me.

"Yes, your child doesn't like my spell either." I huffed, taking another bite of ice cream. "And here I wanted her to be more like me."

He smiled at my comment. "At least. Out of the two of you, one has some common sense." He said as he leaned over to kiss my head. I rolled my eyes and pushed him with my foot.

*********************************

 I was sitting in the parlor with Hayley. I was still grounded and wanted to stay here to keep me company. "You know, now you are unlinked; you don't have to stay here," I stated as I looked up from my book. "You can go to the Bayou." She glanced up at me.