Chapter 4 Sinners and Saints

I walked down the stairs and turned into the living room

I walked down the stairs and turned into the living room. I inhaled a deep breath as my magic swirled around me. I turned to see Sophie standing in the room. I felt my magic fly through the room and slam into her. I stepped closer to her as she was pressed against the fireplace. Klaus and Bex stood up from their spots on the couch. I watched as the light in the room turned dark. I made sure that nothing truly happened to Sophie, with mine and Hayley's lives still tied to her. I still need to fix that. The energy forced Sophie up the wall. Her feet dangled as she struggled to get free. "Give me one good reason why I shouldn't kill you right now," I demanded as Klaus stood behind me, trying to pull me away from the witch.

"I'm still linked to you and Hayley." Sophie struggled out as she was still held to the wall.

"I said a good reason, not an excuse," I said as I held my hand up. the air became thicker and more challenging to breathe if you weren't a vampire. "That link can easily be broken," I stated as her eyes went wide. It wasn't until I heard coughing from Hayley, did I let go. The energy flew back to me as the sunlight shined in perfectly. The room was no longer dark, and the air was thin. Easier to breathe. "You're just lucky. I haven't gotten to it yet." I said as Klaus pulled me away from Sophie and back to the couch.

"I had nothing to do with that, I swear. The three of us are still linked. One dies; we all die." Sophie explained as she sat on the couch across from us.

"Oh, and is that supposed to make me feel better?" I asked as I paced behind the couch. I didn't want to sit down. "Then who were they?" I asked as I leaned on the sofa.

"They're a faction of extremists," Sophie explained as she looked between the three of us. "Sabine stupidly told them about some vision she had about the baby."

"What kind of vision?" Klaus asked as he rested a hand on my arm that was behind him.

"She has them all the time. they're totally open to interpretation." Sophie continued as my hand automatically ran through Klaus's hair in attainment to calm my nerves. "I'm guessing she's wrong on this one."

"How was this particular vision interpreted?" Klaus asked her as I felt a slight movement in my stomach.

"Pretty much that your baby would bring death to all witches." She hesitated to say.

"Hmm, well, I grow founder of my child every day." He said with a smile. My hand gripped his hair tightly as I yanked it back. "Not that I don't love her already." He commented.

"Ew." I heard Hayley say from her spot in the doorway. I rolled my eyes and let go of Klaus' hair, much to his disappointment.

"Sophie, look, I promised Elijah that I would protect the Mikaelson miracle baby and my sweet sister Dawn while he tries to win your witch Davina's loyalty," Bex explained as she looked at Sophie. "Why don't you tell me just how extreme this faction is?"