Chapter 15 The big uneasy

I watched as people passed Davina at the gift-giving

I watched as people passed Davina at the gift-giving. I watched her face fall as she watched people pass by her as the others received gifts and presents. I rolled my eyes as I watched the wicked Genevieve and Monique smirk at what they have done. This is high school drama. I rolled my eyes as I stood up from my seat and walked over to the alter. The woman leaned over and motioned for me to give my gift to another. "Miss, that way." She pointed at the other two. I ignored her and went straight to Davina. "Miss, that is not...."

"Davina, with being a harvest girl, you have a big responsibility to both your people and the ancestors," I said, but I knew that others stopped to listen to me. "My gift can't be wrapped like the other presents you get. My gift is better in person than wrapped up in a box for later." I watched as she smiled as I spoke. I turned to the table in the middle of the room. I waved my hand, and energy from my hand shot out and covered the wooden table. I curled my wrist and watched as beautiful red flowers bloomed. Each one bloomed bigger and better than the one before. I heard a few gasps and awed as they all watched the flowers bloom from just the wooden table. I did make sure to grow two other flowers to represent the others. I smiled as I lowered my hand. I walked over and plucked the flowers and wrapped them in a cloth for each of the girls. I held the flowers and handed the right ones to each girl. "For Davina, I give you a bouquet of Fire lilies. Which are as beautiful and powerful as you are." I handed her the flowers, as she accepted them gladly. She mouthed a thank you as I winked at her. "For Abigail, I give you a bouquet of Hibiscus as gentle and light as the wind." I handed the one in the middle her flower with a smile. She nodded and thanked me. "And for Monique, I give you a yellow Carnation." I watched as her face fell a bit. "for a pretty girl like you." she took it as I bowed to them, I leaned into Monique. "I also heard that this flower means disappointment and rejection. I would be careful with the power that you have." I leaned up and watched as Monique glanced around at everyone as she held her gift. I stepped in front of the girls again. "I hope you have a lovely evening," I said with a smile as I stepped away.

 "I hope you have a lovely evening," I said with a smile as I stepped away

"That was petty." I heard someone say from the side. It was Genevieve.

I smiled as I looked at her. "Don't worry; I have one for you as well." I held up a red rose to her. She smiled as she reached out to take it. but it quickly turned black and wilted in her hand. "It seemed that even witches can be rejected by nature," I said as her face turned to shock. "I think a black rose means death, right? But I like the other meaning, as in revenge and hatred. Because it's more appropriate, don't you think?" I said as I stepped around her. "At least mine is still alive and well," I said as I held up my blue rose and gently placed it in my hair. I watched as her eyes widened at the sight of the rose in my hair. I smirked and stepped over towards Hayley.