Chapter 46 A Ghost Along the Mississippi

I jolted up when water was thrown over me. I gasped at the cold water that was more wake up than chilling my skin. I snapped my head up to the person that splashed me with water. Aya stood in front of me with a bucket dripping the last liquid drops. "Time to wake up."

"Aya," I said as I tried to stand but stopped by chains on my wrists. "What the hell is this?" I asked as I struggled to rip free from the restraints.

"This is rehabilitation." She smiled as she dropped the bucket at her feet. "Tristen and the Strix were very disappointed when they found out that you had married Niklaus once again. We thought that you would have worked with us to put those monsters away for good."

"You have lost your mind if you think I would ever help you to put away my family?" I asked as I listened to her heels against the stone floor. My head turned up to see her pulling some wires closer to me. I watched her as she clipped some wires to the bed and onto me.

"That is why you are here." She said softly as she continued her work. "We are trying to help to realize that you are better without that man and his family. You belong to us with people who can help you." I tried to yank my arm away from her as she injected me with a needle. "Don't worry, this will only keep you weak. There will be no repeats of last night."

"You mean your cheap shots at my magic and then shooting me with vervain?" I asked as I struggled to get free again. "You're right. There will be no repeats of that because when I get out of here, I will skin you alive." I threatened as she moved away from me again.

"I doubt that. When we get done with you, you will see things our way." she smiled. "Now, to get started. Who is Klaus to you?"

I raised my brow to her. "Really?" I asked. She already knew that, so what was the point of asking.

"Answer the question." She demanded.

"He is my husband, and even if he doesn't know how to keep certain people in check, I love him," I stated. And instantly, as I finished the statement, I felt an intense jolt of shock course through my body. My eyes widened as my body clenched under the amount of power running through my veins. I gasped out as the electricity jolted through my arm, making it tense up. I groaned as the pain stopped. my head snapped towards Aya, holding a remote in her hand. "What the fricking hell was that?"

"What is Klaus to you?" she asked again.

"My heart and s-"I couldn't finish as the jolt came back instantly. My head snapped back as the shocks hit the very same veins as they did before. I felt the power intensify as my hand grabbed onto the sides of the chair.

"This is going to be a long day." I struggled to hear her say as the volts slammed into me again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 Klaus POV

I sat on my couch in my office with blood staining my clothes and hand. As I waited for my brother to come. I listened to the sound of water hitting the shower floor as Cami washed what remained of her death down the drain. My phone was held up to my ear as I tried to call my wife again. I felt a surge of power drain from my body hours ago. I wanted to know that she was okay. But every call went straight to voice mail which made my heart sink even further into my body. I glared down at the phone in my hand. The screen was smeared with dried blood, but I didn't care. I replayed what just happened a few minutes ago in my head.

I read a book on my couch as I patiently waited for Dawn to come back. My hand shook with the amount of energy drained from my body. I knew Dawn channeled me and had everything under control until I felt nothing through the bond. When I got the ring, and she spelled it, I could feel her, and her presence was all-round me. The force of energy that left was enough to wake me from my trance as I read one of the many books that littered the office. I leaned up, taking my body off the leather of the couch. I sighed as I set the book on the table beside me. I rolled my shoulders as I picked up my phone and scrolled through to find the name I was looking for. I stood up from the couch as I walked out to check on Hope. The door creaked open slightly as I looked down at the girl sleeping soundly in her bed. I smiled as I selected Dawn's name on my phone. I held it up to my ear as the call rang out while closing the door behind me. A few more rings rang out as I made my way back to my office. The call ended as the scent of blood entered my nose. My head turned towards my bedroom as I clicked call again on my phone. I was starting to get really worried. A thud was heard from my room as I made my way closer. I pushed out of bed, only to be shocked at the scene before me.