Chapter 37 Fire with Fire.

I stood outside in the rain as my boots soaked in the mud. I watched as others walked around Hope and me as she slept in my arms. My wet hair stuck to my skin as I watched the rain pour down. The wolves swore themselves to Hayley, and she would protect Hope even if I was to leave first. I looked up at the clouded sky as the rains began to stop. I felt the sky completely clear as I felt something hit me a bit. It wasn't hard, but it shocked me more than anything else. "Dahlia," I said as I looked up at the sky one last time.

************************

I stepped into the compound as I heard Gia ahead of me. She stepped out in the open and looked up at something. "Gia, do me a favor and take off your ring for me." I heard Klaus demand.

"No. Gia don't." I stepped in to see Klaus pinning Elijah to the railing as Elijah yelled out to stop the helpless Gia. I watched as she raised her hands to take off the ring that kept her from burning.

"I can't stop myself," Gia said as she pulled off her ring. I watched as smoke started to float off her body. But before she could burn, my hand shot out to calm the fire. The energy inside of me swirled around me and stuck to Gia's body to stop the fire from igniting.

"Dawn." I heard Klaus's voice say. I turned my head to see him staring down at me. "You shouldn't be here."

"Gee, you think." I snapped up at him. "I should be with my daughter far away from this place. Instead, I have to come back and stop you from being stupid."

"I am taking revenge on those who betrayed me," he said as he let go of Elijah. "And you have made that list. You were going to take Hope from me and raise her in the swamp." I rolled my eyes at him.

"Now, where did you hear that from? Because if it was Dahlia, I would love to hear what else she has told you for you to act this way." I said as I glanced around.

"She didn't have to tell me anything. I heard Hayley's voicemail to Elijah," he said as he jumped down from the top. "Tell me was she right. You don't want Hope to be a Mikaelson because of the enemies that she will have."

"You and I both know that we have the same number of enemies. Whether she is a Mikaelson or not, her enemies are ours." I said as I watched him.

"You can't keep that up forever, love." He gestured towards Gia. "Her death is inevitable."

"You made a deal with Dahlia." The idea popped into my mind as I watched him. "That's why you are torturing your siblings. Because they hurt you, and you want to lash out." he stepped closer to me as I continued to talk. "But did you really think that I would let her anywhere near my daughter?" I asked as I stepped closer to Klaus.

"Let go, and let's find out love." He said as he loomed over me.

"Go to hell," I said as I stared up at him. I wanted him to make the first move in this fight. He knew he couldn't win against me. Even if he had a thousand Dahlia's, I would die for Hope every time. Blood suddenly shot onto his jacket as my free hand went up to my mouth in shock. I coughed out as I felt something pierce through my heart. I looked down to see a silver dagger with Klaus's hand around the handle. I could hear a small gasp coming from his mouth as a tear ran down his cheek as he gazed down at me. "What did you...." I struggled to get out.

"I'm sorry, love." He said as I felt a tightness in my chest harden. "This had to happen." He whispered. My arm wavered as I felt the energy on Gia slowly fading and returning to me. Klaus's arm shot out as my knees gave out from under me. I looked down at my hands to see blackened veins running up my skin. I could barely hear what anyone said as I looked up at Klaus as he laid me on his lap. I struggled to breathe as I felt the dagger removed from my heart. My skin turned cold while I thought my body becoming heavy. My hand moved to my heart as more blood spilled out of my mouth. My heart slowly stopped. I watched the sky above me as my eyes glassed over. Klaus's blue eyes are the last thing is seen.