Chapter 35 Night has a thousand eyes.

I gasped wake as I felt a strong wave of energy pass over me. Heat rose to my face as black veins rose under my eyes. Look at you. A monster. My head snapped to the side at the sound of an unfamiliar female voice. How could you ever take care of a child like that? I sped over to the voice. It's okay when I come; the child will be safe from you. My hand slammed into the neck of the one I thought was speaking. It was an unfamiliar woman who held great power. Her power flew out and tried to consume mine. She seemed to hold on mine as if she was older and more experienced. Or perhaps I already have her?

My grip on her throat tightened as the heat rose to my face. With one quick motion, the bones in her neck snapped to the side. I watched her limp body fall to the ground as I quickly made my way to Hope's room. I stepped in to find the witch standing over her crib. "What the hell are you doing?" I asked as I sped over and quickly checked to see if she was alright.

"She was crying. I was just checking on her." She said worriedly. "Dawn, are you okay?" my eyes snapped at her. "I know I'm not supposed Klaus doesn't want me near you too, but I didn't think you didn't want it either."

"Erik?" I asked as I looked over her as she spoke.

"Yes, unless you know someone else that looks this good." I rolled my eyes at his statement. I sighed and snapped off one of the legs of a chair nearby. "What are you...." I quickly rammed the wood into my leg. The pain shot through my body as I groaned out. "Dawn!" he yelled out as I fell to the ground with the broken leg still embedded in my skin. Blood poured out of the wound and stained the floor. The sounds of Hope crying ring through the room and out into the rest of the compound. I looked up at Erik again to see that he was there. I could see him and not the witch.

"Love, what's wrong?" Nik said as he stood in the doorway with worry written on his face. He instantly knelt down and ripped the wood from my leg.

"Dahlia," I said as I clenched my teeth.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Isn't that the point of a fortress? It does a better job protecting you when you stay within its walls

"Isn't that the point of a fortress? It does a better job protecting you when you stay within its walls." Klaus lectured Hayley as I rolled my eyes.

"Okay, we get it," Hayley said as she looked towards me for help.

"Don't look at me. The bitch was somehow in my head making me see her when she wasn't even there." I explained with my hand. "I almost killed Erik again."

"If it was me, I wouldn't have hesitated," Klaus said as I leaned on my prompted-up knee.

"That's because you hate Erik," I stated as a slight growl fired back at me. "Anyways, let's just figure out what we're gonna do."

"What I would like to do is take a strong leash—" Klaus began to say until Elijah stopped him.

"Children, please. Niklaus, your ire is justified; however, Dawn is quite right." Elijah said, calming the raging wolf.