Chapter 26 The brothers that care to forget

I sat in the middle of my room on the floor, crisscrossed

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

I sat in the middle of my room on the floor, crisscrossed. I sighed out a long breath as I held my hands out. I cleared my mind as I felt the energy leak and swirl around the room. I closed my eyes and focused on the scratch on my chest. My magic flowed into the room. It seeped into the walls. I felt a gust of wind whined around the room. It filled the space with the darkness and light that was held inside of me. It waved over the candles that I placed around me, forming a circle that blocked out anything that would interrupt me. The sounds around the city melted away. The heartbeats of people, their voices, their steps down the street, the birds were flying in the sky. It all melted into nothing. I felt a slight burning from my mark that ran through my chest. I could sense the small amount of heat coming off the candles. "Sana mente, corpore et anima mea (Heal mind, body, and soul)." I began to chant as more energy seeped out. It cascaded into the floor and rained from the ceiling. Heat rose through my body towards my face. My veins burned with the sensation. My heart moved only slightly with the beat of the magic. It pumped in unison with the flow of the city.

I was in perfect unison with the elements that surrounded me. The room went quiet for a moment as I chanted again. Feeling more strong energy encircles me. As quickly as I felt at peace, I felt an instant rush of pain. I snapped my eyes open and clenched my chest. Blood rushed up to my mouth. I spat it out onto the floor. I groaned out as pain slammed into my body like a ton of bricks. I felt sweat drip down my face as more heat rolled through my veins. I felt complex dryness in the back of my throat. The scent of blood drifted into my nose. Fresh blood that had me to my feet. I slammed my body into the door and covered my mouth with my hand. I sank to my knees as the scent of blood dripped through the wood. I swallowed the dryness as I took a deep breath.

I exhaled a large breath as I stood up from the door and stepped over to the bed, where I laid out some blood bags. I ripped open one of them and poured the flavorful liquid into the glass that I brought with me. I stared down at the thick red drink as it emptied the bag. I held the mirror up to my mouth with another sigh. I took a big sip and brought it with me as I went to sit back down in the circle. I crossed my legs as I took another sip. I didn't have time to wait 50 years for this magic to merge with mine. And if this is what I had to do to get this under control, then so be it. 

//

After spending hours in my room, locked up, and meditating, I felt better than before. My mark was healing and shrinking. My thirst was under control. I opened my door to feel a very familiar aura. Two that I knew all too well. I stepped out of my room and leaned on the railing to see Davina in the courtyard. I looked over to see Kaleb standing behind her. I stepped around the bar towards the stairs to see Klaus unconscious. I felt ancient, but the same magic energy coming from Kaleb. One that I taught how to control. I knew the magic anywhere as I looked at the two of them as a smile came to my face. "That's impressive," Kaleb said to Davina. "What exactly did you do to him?" he was rubbing his wrists as I saw a bit of redness around them.