Chapter 3 Girl in New Orleans

I laced up my boots as I heard footsteps coming into my room

I laced up my boots as I heard footsteps coming into my room. I looked up to see Hayley with a book in hand. "Going somewhere?" she asked as I heard another set of footsteps down the hall.

"Even if I wanted to go somewhere, I can't with Mommy and Daddy looking over my shoulder every few seconds," I said as I leaned up and pulled on my flannel.

"Cute nickname, love. Say it again." I heard the voice of Klaus down the hall.

"And now, I'm sick," Hayley said as I picked up my phone. We made our way down the stairs. I turned to see one of the witches sitting in the living room. "What is she doing here?" She asked as the woman looked up at me with a smile. I felt my magic twitch at the smile. I rolled my shoulders as I stepped closer to the woman and sat down next to Hayley on the couch.

"Yeah, what are you doing here?" I asked as I leaned back on the couch. "I told you last night, Agnes, I feel great."

"You are overdue for a checkup," Agnes said with a sweet smile.

"And what am I going to do, pop into the quarter for a quick ultrasound? Marcel thinks I am Klaus's wife, but when he finds out I am his pregnant wife, he will kill me." I explained as I rested my hand on my stomach.

"A lot of women would kill to have a child. It strikes me as odd that you're not taking better care of yours." Bex called out from the table. I narrowed my eyes at her back and flicked my hand to the side. I heard a loud sliding sound as the laptop fell to the ground, with Bex snapping her head to face me with a dirty look. She then picked up the laptop again and went back to work.

"I know a doctor out in the Bayou off the beaten path," Agnes says gently. "Now, I took the liberty of making an appointment for you tonight after hours, just us. Vampires will never get word of it."

I looked over to Hayley, who was watching Agnes. "Feel like coming with me?" I asked her.

"Sure, what else is there to do around here." She said as she closed her book.

"Okay, fine," I said as I followed Hayley out the door with the sketchy witch following right behind. "Bayou baby doctor it is."

**********************************

I was lying on the medical table as the doctor used an ultrasound to check on my child. I turned my head to see Hayley sitting next to the door. I watched the doctor as she used the equipment carefully as if not to spook me. I sighed as I thought she was too careful. "She looks healthy. She is strong."

"Just like her mother," I said as I whipped the gel off my stomach and sat up. "We're done here, right?" I asked as I fixed my hair and pulled my flannel up around my shoulders. Hayley sighed as she pulled out her phone that had been vibrating for a few minutes.

"Your blood pressure's a bit high. I've got something for it." the Doctor said with a smile as she stepped out of the room. I sighed as I leaned on my knees. I watched Agnes and the doctor chat for a bit before I slid off the table.