Chapter 45 Savior

I sighed when I heard knocking at my door. With Hope attached to my hip, I turned to open the door to reveal Hayley on the other side. "Hayley, what's up?" I asked as Hope played with my hair.

"Your hair. It's brown again," She stated as she stepped into the room.

"Yeah, the spell on the candle died down a few days ago, so the spiritual energy that has kept my hair blonde is wearing off. Making it turn back to brunette." I said as I leaned down and picked a toy that Hope dropped.

"I just want to come and check on you." She said as she glanced down at my ring. "I know that Erik left."

"I left, and when I came back to get one of her toys, he had already cleared out." I sighed as I glanced around the apartment. "He didn't have to leave." I glanced out the window to see across the way at the compound. "But I guess it was too hard to stay."

"Yea, Jackson left too." I turned towards her. "I pushed him away because I am fighting for my family. For you and Hope."

"Yes, because family goes and tells someone who is in life with me that I eloped with the man that he hated," I said as I set Hope down on her blanket so she could play with her toys.

"I'm sorry about that. Jack was there, and I didn't know that he was there too." She explained.

"No, it's fine. I should have told him sooner." I said as I made my way to the couch. "It wouldn't have hurt any less if it came from me." I plopped myself down on the couch. I sighed out as I listened to Hayley's footsteps as she made her way over to me. "Jack will come around sometime."

"Erik will forgive you someday." She said as she sat down next to me.

"Yeah, I almost wish he wouldn't. So that he could have his own life and not keep being dragged through mine." I sighed as I looked towards her. "Want to stay here with Hope and me for a while?"

"Sounds great." She smiled as she relaxed into the cushions behind her.

------------------------------

"Five days, Nik. Five days and she's still here." I said as I held Hope in my arms. "I love Cami as much as the next person, but why is she still here?"

"Love, she is recovering." He said as he watched me pace.

"Recovering? She is practically clinging to your side, and you are as well." I said as I leaned down and placed Hope in her play pin. "I know you care for her, but I am not having any more dinners with you clingy exes, even if she is your make-shift therapist."

"You have nothing to fear, my love. I truly only care about her." he chuckled as he looked at me. "I'm guessing the small link between us is growing stronger."

"If it's not jealousy, it's dealing with this prophecy that is ringing in my ear, your paranoia, Elijah is out getting Bex and Hayley and Jackson's marriage. Oh, and Erik's newfound hatred for me because of the elopement." I stopped when I heard him chuckling from the couch. "I never knew how much you actually have to keep bottled up. No wonder your paranoid all the time."