Chapter 12 Le Grand Guignol

I climbed up the stairs in the compound and made my way to Klaus's room

I climbed up the stairs in the compound and made my way to Klaus's room. I swung open the doors and went into the room only to find Cami and Elijah standing over him with a bloody dagger in his hand. The both of them turned to look at me as I stepped into the room more. "Okay, I want to ask, but at the same time, I don't." I sighed as I stepped closer to the bed. At the sound of my voice, Klaus turned his head to me, begging me with his eyes to get closer. "What happened?" I asked Elijah as I stepped to the other side of the bed.

"Niklaus wants to kill Rebekah and Marcel," Elijah said. He turned away to place the bloody dagger on the table. "Apparently, they have something to do with Mikael coming to New Orleans many years ago."

"Let me guess. Klaus wouldn't let them date, so they called Mikael to scare him out of the city." I sighed as I sat on the bed next to him. "Now, that is not surprising on both parties." I rested my hand on the side of his face. "So, why is Cami here?"

"I didn't know where you were. I thought Celeste took you, so I called her here to watch him and might be able to talk him down from his murderous state." Elijah said as she looked at Cami.

"You and I both know that when he wants to kill, not really a lot can bring him down." I sighed as I looked at them.

"I am aware." He said as he wiped the blood from his hand. "And her blood is laced with vervain. It will burn him. He'll ingest it slower." He turned to Cami as she watched Klaus from her spot. But he never took his eyes off of me. "Perhaps you could use the time constructively, persuade him not to murder his baby sister." I watched as Cami's eyes widened with shock as I tried to stand up from the bed. But a hand on my wrist stopped me. I turned to see Klaus's hand holding onto my wrist, pulling me back down to the bed. He pulled my hand back to his face and let go. "Well, I guess while you're here too. You can help with the process." Elijah said as I turned to look at him. "Niklaus, it was not my desire to bring you pain, but I will not see you hurt, Rebekah. Now, I fear Sabine may be making a final move against us. I intend to find her and end this." Elijah said as he leaned over his brother.

"Elijah," Klaus spoke in a raspy voice. Elijah leaned back over his brother to listen to his words. "You will pay for this." He said as Elijah leaned back up with a sad face.

"I'll watch him," Cami said as she stepped closer. I nodded to Elijah as he left the compound. I looked back down at Klaus as he closed his eyes for a moment.

"You need to feed him." I sighed as I got up from the bed. Cami stepped closer and sat next to Klaus as I leaned on the wall next to them.

"Wow, things I never thought I'd be doing; feeding a vampire. My sixteen-year-old self would think I'm really cool right now." Cami said as she held up her wrist for Klaus. He pulled her wrist closer as he bit into the skin. She groaned as he drank. "Oh, slow down." She groaned. "Doesn't the vervain hurt?"

"As you may have yet to realize, Cami, the line between what brings us pain and what sustains us is far thinner than one imagines." He said as he basically pushed her away from him. He glanced over at me as he scooted away a bit.