Chapter 9 Après Moi, Le Déluge

Listening to the crashing from her room was actually fun to hear as I sat in the office with everyone else

Listening to the crashing from her room was actually fun to hear as I sat in the office with everyone else. Klaus was up getting me a drink. He felt terrible for what he did, so his first instinct is to kiss up to me. I rolled my eyes as he handed me some water. I stared at the cup as it shattered in his hand. "Love, you need to stop doing that." He groaned to me as I turned away from him. I was giving him complete silent treatment.

"Niklaus, I think she has every right to do this. Remember, she is still carrying your child. She must still be very emotional." Elijah commented as he handed me a cup of tea. Which I gladly took from him. I heard a slight growl from Klaus.

"Thank you, Elijah," I said to him as Klaus sat down next to me. He rested his hand on my leg as I sipped my tea. Elijah always does make the best tea. I lifted my right leg and crossed it over my other, moving Klaus's hand off of it, much to his annoyance. I heard another crash from the room.

"Well, that's going well," Klaus said as he stopped fighting for a spot on my leg and settled with his arm draped on the back on the couch.

"If you were trying to win the girl's trust, perhaps poisoning her one true love was not the most splendid idea," Elijah said as he handed me a cookie. I smiled and glanced at Klaus, but it wasn't a long glance.

"Oh. Are there any more inopportune deaths you'd like to wave in my face?" Klaus asked as he looked between the two of us.

"Give me a month. I'll get you a list." Elijah commented. "But I think Dawn could probably come up with one right now."

"Tyler's mother, Aunt Jenna, my original mother and father, the farmer that wouldn't give you any land in the 1400s, Sarah DeBoy, Steven and his wife, Helen...." I started to list off.

"Okay, okay, I get it." He answered with a sigh. "At least, you were talking to me."

"Actually, Elijah, I was helping you with some of that list," I said, completely ignoring Klaus with a smile as I sipped my tea. I could practically hear Klaus's tolerance that was already getting thin.

"I thought I was bad with grudges," Hayley said from the chair next to Elijah.

"Trust me, this isn't new," Klaus said. "The last time she gave me the silent treatment, it lasted 20 years."

"45 years, Niklaus." Elijah corrected his brother. The four of us turned our heads at the sound of another crash.

"Young, old, dead, or alive, Witches are a pain in the ass," Klaus said with a sigh as he got up from the couch and left the room.

"So, how long will the treatment last?" Hayley asked me.

"Until I feel like talking to him," I said as I set my cup on the coffee table. "Maybe I'll break a new record this time." I smiled as I went out the door. I stepped out of the room, only for the walls to start shaking. I felt the ground under my move from side to side. I leaned forward and on the railing. I heard cracks form in the walls around me as I watched the vampires below stand up with the sudden movement. I looked down at Bex, who walked in the courtyard.