Chapter 30 The Devil is damned

I shot up from the bed with a hit of pain that coursed through my body. I yelled out as the walls of the cottage rattle against my magic that waved out. My hands climbed up to my chest as the tightness swelled. I coughed a bit of blood onto my hands as the veins in my arms turned black. My right hand flipped off the sheet as the body next to me sat up. The slow breath in my lung hung there for a moment as I tried to catch the air that was no longer needed for my body. I glanced down at my arms to see a symbol that I never wanted to appear. Which meant that the protection spell had been either broken or disturbed. "What's wrong?" I heard a voice behind me ask.

I finally caught my breath and stared down at the symbol on my arm. "My protection spell on my daughter's safe house has been activated." I ran my right hand over the black ink as I went to sit back down on the bed. I felt a small name that was embedded into the ink. It was a tiny loophole of the spell. I don't exactly know everyone that used the magic, but it gave me a rough sense. "Venti (come)," I said as my hand shot out for a piece of paper. The paper quickly floated into my hand, ripping the page from the book it was in. The black chalk drifted closer to me as I laid the page on the rough spot on my arm. "I need you to shade in the paper so that I can see what this says." I turned to face him as he grabbed the chalk out of the air and began to color over the symbol. After a few moments, the strange name appeared on the once white paper. "Finn. I will kill him."

"Wait, there's something else here," Erik said as he continued to blacken the page.

I looked over the second word that was utterly unknown to me. "Freya?"

 "Freya?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I listened to the voice of Klaus

I listened to the voice of Klaus. I felt the black ink burn deeper into my skin as I practically ran up the stairs. I stopped when I heard his voice and two others in his parlor. I pushed open the door to find Klaus and Kol talking to a woman I had never seen before. I guess they didn't hear me because they continued the conversation as if I was never there. "Nik, I was helping Marcel for Davina," Kol explained to his brother as if pleading for something. Then I noticed the slight seal that was surrounding his body. It was only small, but it was still there either way. "Finn has him. He's trying to get a secret out of him. Something he thinks Marcel knows about you." I watched Klaus's eyes shift back to the girl as if she was in on the secret. Kol caught the same eye movement as I did. He scoffed for a moment. "He's right, isn't he?"