Chapter 53 The Devil comes here and sighs.

I was sitting in the office with a pile of books scattered around the room

I was sitting in the office with a pile of books scattered around the room. While tapping a pen against the notebook, my eyes read over the words of yet another book. I glanced up when I felt a new presence in the room. "It's a lot harder to research with you looking over my shoulders, Nik."

"Have you found anything out?" He asked as he stood over the desk. "Ever since you came home, you've been buried in these books. Do you have anything to share, love?"

I rolled my eyes at the question and leaned back in my chair. "Well, I have figured out a few," I stated as he stared at me to keep going. "Well, we know that his bite is more lethal than an ordinary werewolf because it stems from all seven packs. And he had to use ancestral magic to become whatever the hell he is now. Or enormously powerful magic, which leaves me, Freya, or Vincent. Freya's blood was used to make the serum, and she doesn't have access to ancestral magic, so she's out. I have magic that transcends their magic, and I also have access to it because of Hope, but they can't control me."

"Do you think they will come after you?" He asked as he glanced over the notebook that he picked up.

"I wish they would. But unfortunately for them, their magic has no effect on me." I shrugged my shoulders. "So, to kill Lucien, you would have to take the magic that was used on him out. And I have been trying to find or even create a spell to do that."

"It seems that your mind is not only on the Lucien problem." He says as he flipped the page in the notebook. "You're researching for Kol too. Davina can take care of that, love."

"She can't do that alone, Nik. The ancestors highjacked her spell to bring Kol back. Now, he's basically being turned into the beast they see us as. He can't control himself." I explained. "But wishing crystal protected him for this long. He's just now losing control because the crystal is lost. I think it has something to do with them. The crystal is an exact and complex spell. It's still active because the wish never came completely true. The crystal would have lost its power and turned back into an ordinary stone if it did."

"Love, I like that you want to help everybody, but you need to prioritize all of this." He said with a small smile as he placed the notepad down again.

"I have a long list of things to do today, Nik." I smiled up at him as I listed them off. "Find a way to kill Lucien, Find Aurora and kill her, help Kol, take care of Hope, and make sure you don't lose your sanity. But then again, the last one is an everyday thing." I smirked as I stood up from the desk and pulled on my jacket. "Now, I have to go and help Kol and Davina, then I will be back," I said as I turned to leave the office, but his hand on my wrist stopped me. "Unless you need something else."

"I just don't think we should be apart for long." He said as he pulled me closer to his body. "With the new threat of Lucien's bite and Aurora being on the loose, I don't want you to leave this house."

"Nik, you know that I am one call away," I said as I held his hand with mine. "Plus, with this," I held up his wrist that had the engraving craved on the skin. "We are connected mind, body, and soul. You have to think of me, and I'm there. We know that we have each other's backs no matter where we are. I'll only be 30 mins...an hour tops, and then I will be back safe and sound. I promise." I said as I stared into his blue eyes. "But while I'm out, you have to promise me something." I pointed at his chest. "Promise you won't do anything stupid."