Chapter 24 Wheel inside the wheel

I leaned up from the sink and rolled my shoulders, feeling stiff and off this morning

I leaned up from the sink and rolled my shoulders, feeling stiff and off this morning. I looked down at my ring on the counter. I smiled and picked it up. I held it up and watched while the light bounced off the moonstone. I ran my thumb over the stone as I thought of my daughter. I wondered what she was doing right now, where she and Bex were. When I could see her again. I sighed as I slipped it back on my pointer finger. I looked in the mirror as I stared at myself. My eyes narrowed as I looked down at my chest. I pulled my shirt to the side to get a better look. There was a small reddened cut on my skin. It was in the exact spot where Tunde's knife was when I talked to Mikael. I thought it would have healed by now. I thought about it for a moment about that time. I ran my fingers over the wound.

I jumped when I heard a bang on the window next to me. I looked to the glass to see a blood spot on the cracked shatter. I stepped closer to it to inspect it better. I looked out to see a bird on the sill. I rolled my eyes at the creature. And turned back to the mirror. I gasped when my blood dripping down the mirror. My back hit the wall behind me. I felt my leg brush over something, and I glanced down at the ground. I jumped when I saw bloodied bodies around the bathroom. I recognized the faces. Elijah laid across the tub, Klaus was propped against the door, Hayley next to me, Kol and Finn ripped apart and scattered across the room. I gasped again as I frantically turned back to the mirror, only to see my father, Ivan, reflection with vibrant green eyes. I heard a distant cry from behind me. I watched as my father pointed to something behind me. I turned to see a little girl all in white, and my eyes widened when she spoke. "Mommy?"

My eyes snapped open when I heard the sound of crashing glass. I looked around the room to see I was in the bathroom. No bodies. No child. No Ivan. I breathed out a sigh of relief. I glanced down at my hand when it felt heavy. Shards of glass were in my knuckles as blood dripped out of the cuts. I turned to the mirror to see it was broken, and pieces covered the counter and sink. Even with the broken glass pieces and the mirror cracked in places, I could clearly see the reddened mark on my chest stabbed with Tunde's blade.

**************************

 I sighed as I shrugged my jacket on. I flipped my hair out. I climbed down the stairs and ran right into Hayley. "Hey, D. How are you feeling?" she asked as she looked up at me.

"Good. After my magic show yesterday, I feel fine." I said as I stopped in front of her. "Where are you going?"

"Off to find Jackson." She said as she looked determined. "The werewolves need an alpha. And Jack is out in the Bayou. You want to come?" she asked.

"I am guessing you heard about Ollie," I said as I shrugged. "Sure, I got nothing better to do today," I spoke with a smile as I followed her out the door.

///////////////////////

We were walking around the Bayou looked for any sign of Jackson and Erik. I watched Hayley turn down an off-road path as I heard something rustle behind. I listened to the footsteps of Hayley as she went ahead. I glanced around, seeing if anything wanted to pop out at me. I started to follow after Hayley when I heard an exhale. I could listen to the person's jeans move as he reached out to grab my arm. My hand shot out, and I grabbed hold of it before. I pulled it to me and placed my hand on their chest, pushing them into the tree next to us. I looked up to see familiar eyes with a smile. "Easy, not everyone has vampire strength." He said with a smirk and his hands up in mock surrender.