Chapter 50 An Old Friend Calls

While sitting in the office, I read one of the dusty old books

While sitting in the office, I read one of the dusty old books. I was lounging on the chair with my feet on the coffee table. My mind has been a bit off since being with Cassandra. It's surreal for me. I actually talked to her, and we accepted things about each other that I didn't know we had issues with. Klaus and Elijah assumed that I was in the same represented space as them, only I was with either Tristen or Aurora. I wanted to tell Klaus about what happened there, but it's still foggy. I sighed as I flipped to the next page. "I was wondering when you were going to turn that page." I turned my head to see Klaus sitting beside me on another couch. "It doesn't take you 30 minutes to read a page. What's wrong, love?"

"Nothing, just trying to get into the book." I sighed. "What do you want?" I turned back to the book in my hand.

"I can't just sit and spend time with my wife." I gave him a look over the top of my book. "Fine, I'm worried."

"About your sire line? Who wouldn't be with your track record?" I laughed to myself. "Weren't you like an evil person for a long time?" I pointed out.

"That's not helping." He glared at me.

"I never said I was helping." I chuckled as I flipped to the next page.

"What about the white oak? We don't know if it was completely destroyed." He tried to reason with me.

"You will drive yourself crazy if you keep thinking about that thing," I said as I finally closed my book and placed it beside me.

"That thing is the only item that could and can kill me. I would hate to know that it is in the hands of an enemy." He stated as he leaned forward.

"So, you would rather have it in your hands? Where it can be easily stolen?" I asked as I pointed toward him. "Anyways, isn't this something that you should be confiding in a therapist?"

"Why confined to a therapist when I have a wife?" he smirked at me. "Who, by the way, isn't wearing a ring. You haven't replaced the last one yet?"

"I haven't had time to do that," I said as I pulled down my sleeve to show him the brand on my wrist with KM. "Besides, with this, it practically means that we're married."

"Then why don't I have one?" he asked as he showed off his covered arm.

I pushed his jacket up his arm. "You already have one. When I used the spell, it branded us both with each other's initials." I pointed towards the DM on his wrist. "Anyways, you will drive yourself insane thinking about stuff that you don't have any control over at the moment. When was the last time you actually relaxed and took a day off from being you?"

"You can't be serious, love." He leaned back on the couch. "I don't have time to relax and do normal things."

"Because you are too busy being paranoid about something that you have stuck in the back of your head. And you'll keep thinking about it until you have confirmed it for yourself." I said with a smile. "Is that about right?" He rolled his eyes at me. "It hasn't been even a week since your link was broken. So, my advice to you, my dear husband, is to take the day to relax just a bit. Paint, sketch, read a book, do something that will get you out of your mind." I said as I leaned back and picked up my book again.