Chapter 39 You hung the Moon

I sat on my stone bench as I listened to Hayley try to find a way out. She continued to struggle as I looked down at the salt circle. It wasn't going to move an inch from the inside. I was still trying to readjust to being awake again. My magic swirled around the room as I sat on the stone. I watched it bounce off walls and seep into the rock, dance around the dirt, but never touching the salt barrier that caged me. It was almost waiting for me to leave the barrier to come back to me, fueling my rage and wanting to be near my daughter again.

Hayley's struggling stopped when we both heard the sound of heels on the stone floor. I turned my head to see Davina returning with a pile of clothes and two blood bags. "Davina. Let me out of here right now, or I swear I will kill you." Hayley threatened as Davina placed a set of clothes and a blood bag in Hayley's circle. She turned and headed straight for mine.

"You could try," Davina said as she passed me the new clothes. "Or we could have a polite conversation."

"You are keeping me from seeing my daughter after months of being stuck in that coffin. Do not talk to me about polite." I yelled at her as she held the blood bag away from me to prove a point.

"I brought you here to help you," Davina said.

"Elijah asked you months ago to break the curse, and you said no." Hayley spat at her.

"The regent of witches can't be seen doing favors for the Mikaelsons." Davina began to say.

"My blood runs through this city. My original descents came to New Orleans long before any of you set foot in this city. Do not tell me about the Regent of witches." I slammed my hand against the barrier. I felt it move slightly as the ceiling itself cracked. Davina moved back from the pressure waving off her spell. "If I wasn't in that damn coffin, Regent would have either been me or Vincent. That much I know."

"I was a where of this. The ancestries have said that many times." She said as she tossed me the blood bag. "However, maybe we can help each other." I rolled my eyes as I picked up the bag quickly and dug my teeth into it. Feeling the blood fuel my body as it drained from the bag. "Look, I have access to the with ancestors. I can channel the power of the one who created the spell used to curse Hayley. You both can be free." She explained as I started to change out of my old clothes.

"Under your terms, I'm guessing," Hayley stated as she wiped the blood from her lips

"Under your terms, I'm guessing," Hayley stated as she wiped the blood from her lips. "Spill."

"There's a witch in the Ninth Ward who hates that I'm Regent. She tried to kill me. If I retaliate, I'm starting a civil war, and I don't want to do that." Davina explained.

"Fine, tell me who you want dead." Hayley finally stated as she glanced over at me.

/////

 I flipped my hair out of my shirt and noticed the blonde locks. I sighed as I thought that it might be because of the spell still being active. I turned to see Hayley handing Davina some of her cut hair. "You're completely cloaked. No magic will be able to track you." Davina explained as I paced in my circle. "The witch's name is Kara Nguyen. She runs the Café Chim Lac in the Lower Ninth Ward. She'll be there before dawn. As long as the candle burns, your curse won't be active."