Chapter 14 Moon over Bourbon Street

I walked into the compound after going out and getting a new phone after Klaus shattered my other one

I walked into the compound after going out and getting a new phone after Klaus shattered my other one. I looked up to see a certain redhead coming down the stairs with a broad smile on her face. "What are you doing here?" I asked as I crossed my arms.

"I was just leaving after a wonderful night I had with Nik." she smiled as my heart shattered completely. The air around me stopped, and I shot out my hand and gripped her wrist. She yelped out in pain as the air turned icy.

"Repeat that statement," I demanded as she stared at me.

"What's the matter, afraid it's true?" She smiled, faking her resolve again. "Well, if I must repeat it, I spend a wonderful night with Nik. Just the two of us. Sorry that you weren't invited." She teased, but she instantly stopped when she looked around to see the ice on the walls. She struggled to get free as the ice covered the walls. Ran up the balconies. Caked the windows. Then the glass shattered to the ground around us. Her eyes widened at the pressure that was radiating off me.

"What's the matter? What happened to your confidence?" I asked as the air became colder. The wind became hard and heavy as she fell to her knees. The skin around my hand turning black. She yelped again as she stared down at the blackened skin. The rage burned through my eyes as she seemed to stare at her death in the face.

"Dawn!" I heard voices yell from above me. I still glared at the woman, who paled as the black covered her arm. "Dawn, enough of this." I snapped my head to stare at the man who caused this. I released Genevieve as she fell to the ground. She scrabbled to her feet as her skin turned back to normal. I raised my hand, and the wind wined up through the air and picked up Klaus. He hovered in the air before the wind threw him to the ground, cracking on impact. He groaned in pain as he lifted himself upon his knees, coughing out dust.

I swiped my hand towards him, and he was slammed into a wall. He groaned again as he tried to stand. I lifted my hand again, and he was thrown into another. "Dawn, Stop this." I heard Elijah say behind me. I quickly turned around and held my hand up to keep him from helping. He instantly fell to the ground in pain. He grunted as his bones cracked, sending him down. I felt nothing but rage as I turned to Klaus, who was still leaning against the frozen wall. Genevieve, off to the side, watched the scene. I stepped closer to Klaus as he stared up at me. I curled my hand around, and he was hit with sudden pain. He yelled out as he was pulled to his feet.

"I should kill you." I threatened. "I should take Tunde's blade and slice you with it. Making you feel nothing but pain for hours." I felt tears come to my eyes. "I should drive the white oak stake through your chest over and over so that you feel nothing but fear that I could kill you at any given point." He struggled in pain as he stared at me. "Tell me it's not true. Tell me you didn't sleep with her." I pulled my hand down as the ice covered the ground again. "Say it."

"It's true." He stated to me. He seemed to realize the reasoning behind my rage. However, he had the look of regret. "Do your worst, love. I deserve it all."