Chapter 31 I love you, Goodbye.

I woke up to the sound of footsteps in the courtyard. My eyes snapped open to the grunts of men lifting things and the clicking of women's shoes on the stone. I sat up in the bed and rolled my stiff shoulders. I moved to the side of the bed and reached out my hand to pick up my phone on the side table. I switched the phone on, only to see three missed calls and two texts. I pulled myself to the side and swung my legs off the mattress. I stood up from the bed and walked out of the room. I checked the messages to see one from Hayley and the other from Klaus. Both talking about the moving wedding day, it was today. My eyes widened in almost surprise. I knew it was being moved, but not today. Well, at least I have everything planned so they can easily be transferred to today. I looked up from my phone to see people moving around and getting things set up around the compound. I sighed that everything was going well until one of the men walked in with the wrong flowers. "Wait, wait," I yelled down at them. "Who ordered those? And where were you about to put them?" I yelled down at the man.

"Sorry, ma'am, if you have a problem with this, you will have to talk to the wedding planner." The man simply said as he went back to work.

"But, I am the wedding planner. Who told you to get those monstrosities?" I asked, pointing at the flowers. "They don't go with the colors," I said as I sped downstairs to see what else had changed. I turned to see the wrong table settings are here as well. And the glasses were wrong. The colors and where everything was supposed to go were utterly wrong. "This is not right," I stated as people walked around me like I wasn't in the loop. My fists tighten by my sides. "Prohibere (stop)," I yelled out as energy shot out and clung to everybody in the courtyard, halting their movements completely. "Hayley! Klaus!" I yelled out their names, knowing full and well that they were both her. After a few moments, Hayley peered over the railing. She stared down at me like she was guilty of something. I looked up at her as I felt a rush of air blow around me.

"Yes, love?" Klaus asked with a smile on his face.

"What the hell is this?" I asked, gesturing around the space.

"This, my love, is a wedding." He smiled like a child. "While you were out, I took the liberty of setting up for the union of Jackson and Hayley."

"The liberty?" I glared at him. "I had this whole thing planned out. From the colors, the settings, the placements, the guests: everything." I looked up at the bride-to-be. "I made sure that everything was flexible for if and when they decided to change the date." I pointed at Klaus as he smiled bigger. "You are not changing anything."

"Easy, love. You sound like you were planning your wedding and not theirs." He stated.

"Very funny." I rolled my eyes. "If this was my wedding, we wouldn't be in New Orleans."

"Why not, love? This city is beautiful." He suggested.

"I know it is." I sighed out. "I just want to be married in a city that my daughter isn't wanted dead. Speaking of my child, how is she? Finn didn't do anything, right?"

"You and I both know that Elijah would never let anything happen to her," he reassured me.

"You saying that makes me believe that something did happen." I stepped closer to him. "What happened?"

"Finn found her, and Elijah blew up the house to keep him from getting her." my eyes widened as he explained. "They are on the road now."

"Oh my god." I turned to leave out the door, but Klaus was in front of me, stopping me.

"Love, she is fine." He tried to reason with me.

"She is not fine, Nik. You had a house blown up to keep your brother away from her. None of this is fine." I shouted. "I am going to get my daughter." I sidestepped him as he reached out and grabbed my hand.