Pride of the Lannisters - Part 2 - Tywin x Reader

Cersei, Jaime and Tyrion sat around the table. None of them sure what to expect. It had surprised them all how much their father seemed to have changed for the better, when he had learnt of his sisters return to Westeros. Neither the twins, nor Tyrion believing that such a thing was possible.

Their father had never really mentioned his youngest sibling to his children. Though when he had, there was always a melancholic sadness in his words. A feeling that just the mere mention of her name, at once brought back a flood of wonderful memories, but memories that made him miss the young girl that he had loved, all the more. But since Tywin had known that (Y/n) was coming home, everything he seemed to speak about, was the pride of the Lannisters.

"Don't you think that it's a little early for that? Father wants us to make a good impression. What will our aunt think if she meets you, stinking of wine?" Cersei hissed disdainfully, as Tyrion reached over and poured himself a glass of wine.

"I think that you will find, dear sister, that it is never too early for good wine. And in fact, you are the last one that should be talking about taking a drink too early. Also, our aunt is a Lannister, therefore she should know better than to expected too much of us." Tyrion replied. Raising his glass in salute, before taking a large gulp.

"Ahem!" And irritated cough came. The three young lions turning to see their annoyed father, arm in arm with a beautiful pale haired woman dressed in Ghiscari garb.

"(Y/n). I would like to present my children. The twins, Cersei and Jaime. And..........Tyrion." Tywin announced. Huffing as he said his youngest son's name. As if the mere mention of him had stuck in his throat. The three children rising to their feet as, (Y/n) glided over to them.

"My, my, my, brother. What a wonderful trio." (Y/n) cooed, as she looked at the three.

"Cersei. I swear that you are the living embodiment of your beautiful mother. A greater queen I am sure I have never seen." (Y/n) told the younger lioness, as she reached up and pushed some of her niece's hair back behind her ear. And then kissing her on the cheek. Cersei not sure what to do or say at the show of affection from an aunt that she had never met before. Affection that she had never gotten from her own father.

"And Jaime. Aren't you a handsome thing? Our great Kingslayer. A true lion." (Y/n) chuckled as she placed her hand softly on her nephew's cheek. Jaime feeling as though he had just had the loving touch of a mother. A touch that he had not felt since he was four years old.

"I am sure that he is a beautiful as you were in your youth, Tywin." (Y/n) continued, as she looked between Jaime and Tywin. Her brother moving to her side.

"And last, but by no means least, the littlest of the pride." (Y/n) smiled as she moved over to Tyrion. The lioness ignoring her brothers quiet growl as she came to stand before the little man.

"You too have a look of your mother. I can see her in your eyes. She had the same kind of gentleness behind her green orbs. And I am sure that if your heart is also as good as hers, then you and I will be great friends, Tyrion." (Y/n) told him, as the two smiled at one another. Tyrion just like the twins, not used to such kind words and motherly affection.

(Y/n) knew of the death of her cousin during childbirth. Knew that Tywin blamed his youngest child for the demise of his wife. She had receive a letter from Kevan telling her that Tywin needed her. That he was devested at the loss of his wife, and that if there was one person that could help, it would be her. But being the wife of a Great Master of Meereen came with its own duties and expectations. And even though she was not Ghiscari by descent, as a member of one of the most noble houses of the northernmost and greatest of the three great city-states of Slaver's Bay. She could not just leave her husband and people to return to Westeros.

(Y/n) had always regretted not being able to be there for her beloved older brother at the death of Joanna. Regretted not being able to return when the family lost their father. When they had lost Gerion and Tygett. Yet even though she had hated being sold by her father. She hated being taken away from Casterly Rock. Hated being taken away from Tywin. She had grown to love Hadaq more than she could ever have imagined. He in turn devoting himself to his beautiful bride until his very last breath. But now that she was able to journey back to her home, she was determined to make up for all that she had missed.

"May I?" (Y/n) asked Tyrion. Motioning to the glass in the little man's hand. The youngest of Tywin's children happily handing the goblet to his aunt.

"Ahhhhh. Arbor gold. My husband would have it specially brought in for me. We of course have Blackberry wine. Tyroshi pear brandy, and the sweet reds from Lys and Volantis. But for me, there has never been anything to compete with the gold of the island of Arbor." (Y/n) hummed as she breathed in the familiar odour of the wine.

"May I join you in a glass, nephew? Will you all join me in a glass? It has been a very long journey, and some of the roads can be exceptionally dusty." (Y/n) asked as she handed back the glass to Tyrion. Her nephew smiling broadly as he poured his aunt a glass and handed it to her.

"May I make a toast?" (Y/n) enquired as she looked at her family. All of them charging their glasses as she walked over to Tywin and took his hand in hers. The young lions shocked as their father smiled a loving smile, at the woman who had moved to his side.

"Here is to my family. To my pride. To getting to know you all better. And to reacquainting myself with my beloved brother." (Y/n) announced, as she chinked glasses with Tywin. Tywin more than happy at having the exquisite lioness back in his life. And more than happy at the notion of getting reacquainted.