Never judge a book - Part 1 - Robb x Reader

"Where is that girl? I swear that she gets wilder by the day." Catelyn bemoaned, as she entered the room. Ned smiling softly and shaking his head, knowing quite well to whom his wife was referring.

"Can I take it that you can't find (Y/n) again?" Ned chuckled, as his wife came to sit by his side.

"You can. And of course that means that I can't find Arya either. I am sure that since the moment she was born, our daughter has been (Y/n) Greyjoy's shadow. If I didn't know better, I would swear that the two were separated at birth. I would have hoped that by now, we could have fashioned (Y/n) into a lady. Yet I believe that she has grown more Ironborn. I am sure that if we turned our backs for long enough, that child would be off to find the nearest ship. If there was one of them that was destined to take after there father and uncles, it is definitely (Y/n)." Catelyn sighed. Happily accepting a glass of wine from her husband.

"You push her too much, Catelyn. She is a born rebel, just like her father. (Y/n) may be an Ironborn princess, and I am sure that under different circumstances, that she would act like one. But the more that you want her to wear gowns, to learn to sew, the more that she will climb the trees, get dirty, and fight with the boys. Perhaps if you just let her be, she will chose to do it of her own accord. Especially for Theon's name day. And if (Y/n) does it, I am sure that Arya will follow suit." Ned said. The Lord Paramount of the North recalling all the times that Catelyn had tried to force (Y/n) to do what she didn't want to do. And how each time, it had gone terribly wrong.

Since Theon and (Y/n) had come to Winterfell as the "wards" of the Warden of the North, it had always been (Y/n) that had been the handful. She could be stubborn, awkward, and far too headstrong for her own, or anyone else's good. She and Catelyn often coming to logger heads about the Stark matriarch trying to turn her into, what (Y/n) referred to disdainfully as "A lady". (Y/n) always saying that Ironborn princesses were born to be sailors, pirates, and scourges of the seas, just like the men. And she had no desire to be gentrified. That a scourge does not wear a gown, and that the only thing that she should know how to sew, was a torn sail.

(Y/n) was also not one for backing down from a fight with the boys. Whether it be with swords, the bow, or even fists on the odd occasions, (Y/n) was always there, cut for cut, arrow for arrow, and bruise for bruise. Robb, Jon and Theon often, surprisingly, coming off worse. Yet there was something about the wild Ironborn that Ned had always liked. Something that made him view her as, as much of a daughter as Sansa and Arya.

"I know that you are right. And I hope that Theon's name day does prompt her to at least agree to wear a gown for the celebration. I can only imagine what the guests will think, if she arrives wearing what she normally wears. All covered in mud, her hair everywhere. Appearing as though she has been fighting some wild beast or another." Catelyn lamented. Looking up at her husband as he began to laugh.

"I am sure that if (Y/n) were to fight some beast, it would be the beast that came off worse. And it would not be (Y/n) unless she wasn't covered in a little mud. Just let her go her own way, Catelyn. She might just surprise you. Perhaps she might just wear a gown of her own free will, this time." Ned smiled. Catelyn having a feeling that her husband might actually know more than he was saying.

                                                        >>-------------------------------<<

"(Y/n). Where are you?" Arya called out, as she wandered into the courtyard.

Just like her mother, the young she wolf had been looking for (Y/n) all day. Normally they would be together. (Y/n) helping her with the sword and bow. But, when Arya had gone to wake her friend, like she would every day, Arya had found that the kraken was already out of bed. And now, as the evening began to draw in, Arya still hadn't seen (Y/n).

"(Y/n), please." Arya called out again. The young Stark fearing that something might have actually happened to her friend.

"What!?" A sudden harsh voice asked. Arya breathing a sigh of relief as she looked up and saw (Y/n) sat quietly a top one of the walls.

"(Y/n). What are you doing up there? I have been looking for you all day. I thought something had happened to you." Arya called up. The she wolf furrowing her brows as she saw the angry look on (Y/n)'s face.

"Are you alright, (Y/n)? I.............."

"Firstly, I am sitting up here to get away from everyone. Secondly, no one told you to look for me all day. Thirdly, nothing has happened to me. And finally, of course I'm alright. Why wouldn't I be?" (Y/n) huffed, as she crossed her arms and tried her best to ignore Arya. Arya sensing that (Y/n) was the furthest thing from alright.

Even though (Y/n) could be a little rough and tough most of the time, she would never get angry for no good reason. Well, at least not with Arya. For even though (Y/n) was older, the pair had been the best of friends since the young she wolf could remember. And (Y/n)'s current harsh and angry tone, was certainly nothing that Arya was used to.

"You don't sound fine." Arya called out again, as she looked for the best way to climb the wall, so that she could join the young kraken.

"Well, I am." (Y/n) growled. Rolling her eyes as Arya pulled herself up the wall and took a seat next to her.

"(Y/n) please. I have never seen you angry like this. I............"

"You're nothing more than a child, Arya, so you would never understand. But if you really want to know what's wrong, I'll tell you as, long as you leave me alone. I hate it here. I hate the north. I hate Winterfell. I hate your mother and father. I hate Theon and Jon. But most of all, I hate...........I hate Robb." (Y/n) explained. Arya's eyes growing wide as she listened.

Arya knew none of that was true. She knew that (Y/n) loved the north and Winterfell, as much as any of them did. That despite Catelyn's vain attempts to try and make (Y/n) act like a lady, that (Y/n) loved her mother and father too. And even though (Y/n) didn't agree with how Theon acted sometimes, Arya knew that the princess could never hate her brother. And as far as Jon and Robb were concerned, Arya knew that that was a lie too. Yet something had obviously happened to cause (Y/n) to say all those things. Arya, even at her tender age, knowing that the only thing that could have caused the sudden change in (Y/n)'s character, had to be down to one of the three young men that she claimed to hate.

"I know you don't mean that, (Y/n). Did Theon say something to upset you? Did Jon, Robb?" Arya asked. Shocked as she saw (Y/n) brush a tear from her eye.

"I heard them talking yesterday, Arya. They were laughing about me. About me going to Theon's name day celebrations. They said that normally, your mother and father would use the night to look for suitable suitor for me. But because of the way I am, the way I look, they will never be able to find me one. That I'd scare them off. That I'm not pretty or ladylike enough to find a husband. And then Robb said.........Robb said that he could never see himself with a girl like me. I hate them, Arya. I hate all of them. And I'm not going to my brother's name day celebrations, either." (Y/n) sniffed. Fighting back the tears that were threatening to fall. The Ironborn princess wiping the salty droplets onto her sleeve, as Arya placed her arm around her shoulder.

"Come on, (Y/n). I am sure that Robb didn't mean it. But, we will show them that they are wrong. That you are beautiful and wonderful, and that any man would be proud to have you have you have his bride. You will have every man at the celebration, begging you to dance. All we have to do is get a little help from Sansa." Ayra replied. The she wolf smiling as (Y/n) chuckled.

"Yes, you're right. I'll show them, Arya. I'll show all of them. I'll teach them not to judge a book by its cover. I'll show them who can't find themselves a husband." (Y/n) agreed. The smile on the kraken's face, letting Arya know that her brothers and Theon, were going to regret ever misjudging (Y/n).