Knave of Hearts - Part 2 - Tyrion x Jaime x Reader

I started this story in my last book, so I hope that you will forgive me for taking so long to give you this second part. Hope you enjoy🦁🕵️‍♂️

Just as Tyrion had predicted, Jaime found himself on a train with his brother, making the long journey from London up to Kings Landing. Given that Tyrion had informed Lord Baratheon that the chances of him being next to be robbed by the Knave were almost guaranteed. The master of the Red Keep had not only invited them to his nieces mascaraed party, but had also asked the respected detective and the highly decorated ex-soldier to ensure that the security around the stately home was sufficient to make the thief think twice. And to watch over the wellbeing of the young doe.

"That's interesting." Tyrion suddenly said, as he perused the copy of The Times that was gripped in his hands.

"What's interesting?" Jaime enquired absentmindedly, as he looked out of the railway carriage window, at the countryside flying by. Only half interested in what his brother might have to say. His thoughts more preoccupied with what would meet them when they arrived at the Red Keep, and the detection and apprehension of the Knave.

"There is a piece here about the Baratheon family and Lady (Y/n). Apparently, she was taken during her time in Europe. The kidnapper held her for some time and demanded quite a hefty price for her return. A price that her father, Stannis Baratheon, eventually paid. She appears to be a very interesting, and strong willed woman. From what it says, once she was returned, instead of coming home to England, she insisted on finishing her schooling. Determined to not let the miscreants ruin what she had worked so hard to achieve. Quite brave for a young lady. And quite an achievement, talking her family into letting her remain abroad after such a thing. I must admit, that for once, I find myself intrigued at the prospect of meeting this young lady." Tyrion explained, as he handed his now interested brother, the paper. Jaime reading the lengthy article about the Baratheon family, and (Y/n) in particular. The old soldier finding himself hoping that the illustrated picture of the lady, was a fitting representation.

"Beautiful, isn't she? Though from what I have heard, the picture doesn't do her justice." Tyrion chuckled as he watched his brother. Jaime trying to pretend that he had no idea what Tyrion was talking about, as he folded the broadsheet and placed it on the seat next to him.

"What?.......Oh, Lady Baratheon. Yes......yes, I suppose that she is. Though if she is anything like her father........."

"Oh no, the Lady Baratheon is nothing like her father. They do not see eye to eye and actually have very little to do with one another. From all accounts she is more like her uncle was in his youth. Charismatic, charming, strong and kind-hearted. That is why the two get on so well. He sees himself in her. Robert is the one that made Stannis pay the ransom. Pushed him, until the stubborn man agreed to pay for his daughter's safe return. There have been rumours that the lady (Y/n) is not in fact Stannis' child at all, but Roberts. Or that there is more to their relationship than a normal loving familial bond. But you know how London society talks." Tyrion interrupted. Jaime not surprised that his brother seemed to know so much about the young woman in question, than what had been printed in the broadsheet.

"You know. This case could actually turn out to be much more interesting than I first thought." Tyrion added with a chuckle, as he pulled his Calabash pipe out from the pocket of his Inverness cape. The little man puffing on the unlit smoking apparatus, as his eyes turned to look at the rolling English countryside beyond the first class carriage's window. His view only marred by the occasional billowing cloud from the steam engine's chimney.

                                                      >>-----------------------------------<<

The journey from the train station to the stately home of Robert Baratheon had been a comfortable one to say the least. The carriage and driver that the old stag had sent to pick up the two Lannister men, were well appointed. And Jaime didn't need his younger brother's deductive powers to know, that the landeau would have cost more money than most of those that called the dark and dirty streets of London home, would ever see in a lifetime, as the scent of brand new leather and imported wood filled the ex-soldier's senses. Taking him back to all the far flung reaches of the world that he had seen during his service.

"The Red Keep is coming up now, sirs." The driver called out as the carriage drew up to the long drive that led to the magnificent home of Robert Baratheon. The red hue of the ancient stones from which the home was built, seeming to blush slightly in the early evening sun. The whole scene appearing quite radiant, as the landeau and its passengers, made their way up to the building.

"Sirs." An elderly man greeted respectfully, as the driver drew the panting black horses to a halt and held open the carriage door for the two lions to exit.

"I am Willum, Lord Baratheon's butler. His lordship is expecting you and is waiting in the sitting room. If you would care to follow me, the footmen will ensure that your luggage is taken to your rooms." The grey haired man informed Tyrion and Jaime, gesturing for the two to make their way in through the great doors, as footmen scurried around behind them, taking their bags from the carriage driver.

"Ah, Mister Lannister and Captain Lannister. Such a pleasure to finally meet you both." A large, rotund, red cheeked man said as the butler opened the old oak door to the sitting room. The Lannisters making their way into the room that smelt heavily of fine cigars and even finer malt whisky.

"I have read a great deal about your cases, Mister Lannister, but never thought that we would actually met, or that I would be in need of your services." Robert continued, as he made his way over to the pair and shook their hands.

"I must admit that it was quite a shock to receive your unsolicited telegram. But given your reputation, and the obvious urgency of your message I believed that it was best to invite you to stay, so that we could discuss the possible crime that it is to be perpetrated against me by this rogue the Knave of Hearts." The lord added, as he poured himself another large glass of spirits. Both Jaime and Tyrion nodding gratefully, as the oldest Baratheon handed them a glass each. Gesturing for them to take a seat on one of the heavily upholstered couches.

"Willum. Will you please inform my niece that our guests have arrived." Robert told the butler. The old man bowing deeply as he turned and left the room.

"As you may know, gentlemen. My niece has been through much in her life, and I want to ensure that she remains as safe as possible now that she has returned to us. I do not want her harmed by the Knave, especially at the festivities in her honour. The head of my security, Sandor Clegane will be in charge of the men in the grounds. But I am hoping that you will both be able to advise him, and that you will agree to be my niece's escorts to the celebration." Robert explained, a small smile coming to his lips as the excited voices of two young women could be heard in the corridor outside. The door to the sitting room being opened by a small, mousey haired woman, before an exquisite and elegant creature entered. A woman of such beauty that both Lannister men thought that they must have died and gone to heaven. The pair watching as she made her way over to the lord, taking the hand that he offered her.

"Mister Lannister. Captain Lannister. I would like you to meet my niece, (Y/n)." Robert announced. Both Jaime and Tyrion knowing that this case was definitely going to be more interesting than either of them could have believe.