Deaths Watch - Part 1 - Tywin x Robert x Reader

This first part is all Robert and Tywin. I have yet to completely figure out whom the real character will be. But I am sure that I will come up with something fun. Please enjoy.

"I WILL NOT HAVE IT!" Robert bellowed as he heard the news from Tywin.

"I am afraid, sire. There is little we can do........."

"Little we can do? I am king of the Iron Throne. King of the Andals and the First Men. Lord of the Seven Kingdoms, and Protector of the Realm. And you, you are supposed to be my Hand. I do not want one of their kind in Kings Landing." Robert growled. Banging his fist on the arm of the throne.

"That may be, sire. But the Deaths Watch are a law unto themselves and have always done as they wished. They owe allegiance to no king, lord, or House. And so it has always been........"

"Yes, yes, I know all that. I am not a fool, Tywin. But if a member of the Watch is coming here, then that means that someone is going to die. And I would rather it not be me. I want the guards doubled. I want nothing left to chance" Robert instructed. Tywin inwardly rolling his eyes as the king took another drink from the goblet in his hand.

"Sire. The Death Watch have done you the courtesy, of informing you that they are sending one of their ranks here as an emissary. I certainly doubt that they would inform you of that, if they had any intention of killing you, or anyone else that resides in the Keep. The Crimson Guards are not exactly known for sending their soon to be victims notes, to let them know when they will be arriving to murder them in their beds." Tywin reasoned. Hoping that he could drum a little sense into his son in laws already half soaked mind.

"..........True......... But I still don't like it. I still do not trust the Deaths Watch. No man in their right mind does. And to have one housed under my own roof. In the Red Keep. It is dangerous. I still want the guard doubled while they are here. There will be extra patrols, day and night while the Crimson Guard is in Kings Landing. I want every precaution taken, Tywin. Do you hear me? Every precaution until that accursed creature has left my kingdom." Robert countered, as Tywin bowed respectfully.

"Of course, sire. I will ensure that it is done." The Hand replied, before turning and making his way out of the throne room. Tywin grumbling under his breath as he made his way back to the Tower of the Hand. The inhabitants of the Keep parting as he stormed past.

>>---------------------------------<<

The Deaths Watch. Why would the Deaths Watch be sending one of their own as an emissary? Why would a Crimson Guard travel all the way to Kings Landing to do something that the Deaths Watch had never been known to do before. They were not known for their good will. For peace treaties, or shows of good faith, and Tywin couldn't help but think that the note had been sent to somehow confuse, a smoke screen. And that their "ambassador" was in fact just coming to find their latest quarry. And that their quarry must be someone in the capital.

Tywin had to admit that he didn't like the idea of a Crimson Guard being in Kings Landing, any more than Robert did. Crimson Guards were never a good thing to have around.

The Deaths Watch were an ancient order. Their history reaching back to the time of the First Men. And whereas the Nights Watch were a brotherhood, the Deaths Watch was a sisterhood. An army of highly trained female warriors and assassins that dressed in deepest red leather armour. A colour chosen by the first of their kind so that if they were injured in battle, their blood could not be seen by their enemies. Resulting a myth that the women were indestructible. Immortal.

The Deaths Watch took any woman. From whores to bastards. Disgraced daughters, criminals, and even ladies from the best Houses. The Deaths Watch took them all. Trained all, until each member could almost kill in their sleep. Yet what worried Tywin more than one of these deadly women coming to the capital, was the fact that the emissary that was to arrive, was a High Crimson Guard. The most skilled of their order. The deadliest and most feared. A woman that had been born into the order. Raised from the moment she left her mother's womb to know nothing but the order and how to kill. A woman whose first words had not been, mother or father, but the oath of the Crimson Guard. An oath to stay forever a maiden. To be prepared to kill and die for their sisters. And the old lion knew that it didn't matter if Robert tripled the guards. That if in fact he, or one of them was the Crimson Guards quarry. Then there was nothing they could do.

>>--------------------------------<<

"I don't like this. I don't like this one little bit, Tywin." Robert grumbled yet again, as he, Tywin, the small council and everyone else waited to greet the Deaths Watch emissary.

Since the news had spread through Kings Landing about the imminent arrival of a High Crimson Guard. The city and Keep had become like a ghost town. Barely anyone daring to step foot outside their homes or rooms, just in case the woman appeared from nowhere, and slaughtered them in her sleep. And ever since Tywin had informed Robert, the man had not stopped complaining about how much he didn't like it.

"I am sure that the emissary is not here to cause any trouble, sire. I have had word that her journey here has gone without incident. That there have been no reports of deaths that have occurred due to her presence. I am sure, that as the note stated, that the High Guard is............"

"High Guard? This so-called emissary is a High Crimson Guard? You did not inform me of that, Tywin. And of course, there are no reports of deaths. High Guards are said to leave no bodies behind. I have even seen it myself on the battlefield. I swear that there is no more fearsome a sight than High Crimson Guards in full battle armour racing across a field. Wars have been won and lost because of just one of their ranks, and now one is coming here?" Robert interrupted. Glaring at his Hand. Angry that Tywin had not told him the most important part of the note.

"Sire.........." The sound of Tywin's voice drowned out as the thunder of hooves stormed into the courtyard. All conversation stopping as a pitch-black horse was pulled to a halt. The animal snorting and panting menacingly. The large creature pawing angrily at the cobble stones, as the thick heavy breath from its nostrils, rose high into the cool morning air. Its dark eyes appearing to glare threateningly at all those present. All those gathered looking up to see that the rider of the fearsome beast looked just as imposing as her mount. Yet much, much more glorious. A beauteous maiden whose flawless skin was covered in the finest red leather. One look from her perfect orbs, quieting any dissention about her presence in the capital.