Open and shut case - Modern AU - Part 2 - Petyr x Reader

"If you don't mind me saying, Mister Baelish. You look like trouble." (Y/n) said, as her father closed the door to his office. Leaving his daughter and her new client alone.

"And what would make you say that Miss Lannister? And its Petyr. Please." Petyr chuckled as he took a seat in one of the chairs at the front of the old oak desk. (Y/n) taking a seat in her father's large and imposing leather chair.

"Well, I say that because my father has never left his office like this before. This office is his throne room. He holds court here. This is where all the lesser human beings come to beg the great Tywin Lannister for his help. I swear that sometimes he thinks that he is a king on an iron throne. So, you are either much more powerful than my father let on. You are richer than Croesus. Or........."

"Or what?" Petyr interrupted, as he leaned forwards over the desk.

"Or. Or you have something on my father. Some little snippet of information that he doesn't want known. Something that he is either embarrassed about or could ruin him." (Y/n) conjectured. Not failing to notice the wicked sparkle in Petyr's eyes.

"You are most certainly a perceptive young woman, Miss Lannister. And you are most certainly the daughter of the old lion. If I didn't know better, I would swear that I could see the glint of your teeth and hear the sharpening of claws as you spoke. And some told me that you didn't have the killer instinct. Oh, and being on that side of the desk most certainly suits you. One day I am sure that you will rule this firm just like your father has for so long." Petry chuckled, as he sat back in his chair. His eyes taking in every aspect of the beautiful lioness in front of him.

"I have no desire to take over the reins from my father just yet. He has many years ahead of him. And when the time does come that my father decides to retire. If he sees me as being worthy, then I will proudly assume the role. But none of your gushing compliments tell me why my father would leave his office. So, which is it? If I am to look after your interests, then it is best that you keep nothing from me. After all, this is all in the strictest confidence. And it's (Y/n)." (Y/n) replied. Herself leaning back in her father's great armchair.

"I can assure you, (Y/n). I am merely an honest businessman that is fortunate enough to have made a little money here and there. And can call a few very influential people, friend. Your father thought that it would be better that you and I conversed alone. That is all." Petyr tried to clarify. (Y/n) not accepting his explanation for one moment.

"Again, Petyr. I don't wish to appear to be rude. But this firm doesn't deal with simple, honest little businessmen, that have managed to make a little money here and there. We handle very rich, very influential people that have lots of dirty little secrets. People that don't like the idea of losing said wealth and influence. People, that if they were all that honest, wouldn't need the help of a Lannister." (Y/n) continued. Furrowing her brows as Petyr began to laugh.

"Quite right (Y/n). Quite right. It looks to me like I brought my business to the right firm. Tell me. Would you like to join me for some dinner? I know this wonderful little restaurant on the south side of the city. And I would be honoured if you would accompany me." Petyr replied. Watching as (Y/n) rose from the old leather chair and walked around the desk.

"I'm afraid that I am still on the company's time. And my time costs money. So............"

"And when will you no longer be on company time?" Petyr interrupted. Not even attempting to conceal the fact that he was quite enjoying the view as (Y/n) stood before him.

"Usually when my father says. But............"

"Well. Let's ask him then shall we?" Petyr replied. Once again interrupting (Y/n) midsentence, as he got to his feet and made his way to the door, before throwing it open.

"Tywin. I would very much like take your beautiful daughter to dinner. But she tells me that she is still working. I think that it is only right, that as she will be representing me, we get to know one another a little better." Petyr called out as he made his way over to where Tywin had been busying himself.

"Of course. An excellent idea. If (Y/n) is going to be able to offer you our best. I have always believed that attorneys and their clients should be on more than just a business footing." Tywin agreed. (Y/n) staring at her father in disbelief as he spoke.

(Y/n) had never seen her father like this. Never heard him speak in such a way. And it was becoming more and more obvious to the youngest Lannister that her new client was much, much more than he was telling her. Yet despite all this. Despite the fact that it now seemed perfectly obvious, to her at least, that this Baelish had her father right where he wanted him. And even though she did love her father. Even though she was a Lannister first and foremost. (Y/n) had a feeling that whoever her new client really was. Whatever influence he really did have. It could prove to be quite interesting to find out.

"That's settled then. (Y/n) my dear. Why don't you get your coat? The weather is a little inclement." Petyr told her, as he rubbed his hands together. (Y/n) looking over at her father. The old lion nodding before she made her way over to retrieve her coat.

"Don't worry, Tywin. I will have her back to you in one piece at a suitable hour." Petyr assured, as he offered her his arm. (Y/n) taking it and following him out of the office.

                                                        >>-------------------------------<<

"My car is this way." Petyr announced, as a man dressed in a chauffeur's uniform suddenly rushed up. Holding an umbrella over (Y/n) and Petyr's heads.

"Where to sir?" The man asked, as he held the door of the long black limousine, open. Petyr allowing (Y/n) to climb in first.

"Take us to Brambilla's, Dannis. I am sure that Antonio will be able to furnish myself and (Y/n) here, with a suitable table even at such late notice. But take the long way around. I always find that the city looks at its best in the rain." Petyr told the driver. The man dutifully starting the car and moving off into the heavy late afternoon traffic.

"Has anyone ever told you quite how beautiful you are, (Y/n)?" Petyr asked as he brushed a piece of her hair, that had fallen from her tight braid, away from her face.

"Occasionally, when either my father or one of my brothers hasn't scared the man off. But you do know that such blatant, simpering flattery doesn't work on me, don't you?" (Y/n) replied. Trying her best not to smile at her mysterious client.

"Quite right. A woman of such intelligence does not need to be told that she is merely beautiful. Such fripperies mean nothing in the greater scheme of things. Beauty fades, but intelligence, in my opinion, only increases with time and experience." Petyr retorted. Producing a bottle of the finest Dom Perignon seemingly from nowhere, before popping the cork and offering (Y/n) a glass.

"You are up to something, Petyr. And despite all my instincts telling me that I should turn and run. Despite everything I know and believe. I have to admit that I want to know what that something is. Anyone that can make my father look like a lamb, rather than a lion, has more up his sleeve than an extra ace or two." (Y/n) said, as Petyr poured himself a glass. The bubbles from the fine vintage, rising into the air. Popping and fizzing as he held his glass up to the light.

"Well. Here's to you finding out what that something is. And here's to us both enjoying it." Petyr saluted. His glass chinking against hers as the pair took a drink.