Puppet master - Part 3 - Petyr x Varys x Reader

"Excellent." (Y/n) hummed, as she looked at the piece of parchment in her hand.

"And you are sure that Lord Baelish has plans for this man?" (Y/n) questioned, as she took a seat and looked up at the woman in front of her.

"Yes, milady. He is the oldest son of a lord from one a tha smaller houses. Despite its size, tha House holds a lot of sway over a small stretch of land that has one of tha best trade routes run through it. The family demand a tax fa passage through tha route. A tax that Baelish plans ta double and take tha greatest cut fa himself." Ros informed the lady. The whore taking a sniff at the wine before drinking it. Knowing that despite her pretty smile, (Y/n) Lannister was not one to be underestimated. Especially as the lady already knew that she was double crossing Baelish, by providing information to Varys.

"And how does Petyr intend to control said young lord?" (Y/n) asked, as she turned her attention to the fire that softly crackled in the hearth. The youngest daughter of the Lannister pride, smiling discreetly behind the lip of her glass as she thought about thwarting Petyr once again.

"He lost a lot a money at tha games. More than he can actually afford. His father told him that he would disown him if he gambled anymore, so he can't ask him ta pay his debt. Baelish has him right where he wants him. He plans on having the old man killed so that he can place the son as the head of the house and control him that way. To be honest, milady. The boy ain't too bright. It will be easy for Baelish to control the trade route." Ros informed her. The whore stumbling back a little, as the lady suddenly got to her feet.

"I want you to arrange a meeting for me with this young lord. And the sooner the better. He and I have a little business to discuss. I think Petyr is about to find out that he's going to lose his leverage." (Y/n) told Ros, as she made her way over to the window. (Y/n) looking out onto the city that she had every intention of taking from right under the nose of not only Petyr, but also Varys.

It wasn't that she was doing all this because she wanted what Petyr desired. And she had no care to sit on the Iron Throne, or to call herself a queen. And even though she sympathised with Varys, and his claims of caring about the good of the realm. She was doing this to prove that a woman could be as good, if not better than the master manipulators themselves. That she could always be one step ahead of two of the greatest players of the game. And she could do all of it under the noses of not only the two men. But her father, her family, the king, and everyone else. None of them aware that there was a new, powerful player moving the pieces. The thrill of watching everyone dance to her tune, greater than any power or wealth.

"Oh, and Ros."

"Yes, milady?"

"If you think about double crossing me, like you are my rivals. I can assure you that you will be dead and buried before you can blink. As powerful and dangerous as the two men may be. Neither of them is a lion. A lion that is perfectly willing to do whatever it takes. Do we understand one another?" (Y/n) asked. Ros nodding frantically, before hurriedly leaving the ladies chambers.

(Y/n) sighed as she held the piece of parchment over a candle. The name of the young man disappearing as the scrap turned to ash in her fingers. (Y/n) could never understand why men were so foolish. Why a game of chance, some wine, and a pretty face and bosom could loosen even the best of man's tongue and bring them to their knees. Though she had to admit that this foolishness had brought her considerable influence, not only in Westeros, but also in Essos. Influence that no one else knew about. And she could well understand why Petyr used the whores to get him information. Since the women had been under her watchful eye, she had not only gained useful information to ruin Petyr's plans, but also Varys'. The woman all seeming to fear the lionesses claws much more than they did the mockingbird or the spider. But (Y/n) could be as kind as she was deadly, and she always paid Baelish's whores handsomely for their betrayal of the Master of Coin.

Yet (Y/n) knew that this little scheme was going to cost her more than most. It was obvious that the young man's debt was not insignificant, if it was enough to make Petyr believe that he could gain access to the trade route. But whatever she would lose by helping the lord to pay off his debt, (Y/n) was sure that she would gain tenfold when she used him to get access to the trade route herself. For even though she was quite prepared to use the same plan that Baelish had, the young man's father could also prove to be useful. And (Y/n), just like Petyr's whores, had never been averse to using her beauty and charms to get what she wanted. Especially if it made her plans run a little smoother.

"Enter." (Y/n) called out absentmindedly as she heard a sudden knock at her door. Her mind too filled with ideas, and possibilities to really notice that Tyrion had entered. The ever watchful little lion intrigued as to why one of Petyr's women had just left his sister's room.

"What are you up to, (Y/n)?" Tyrion enquired with a soft chuckle, as (Y/n) suddenly came back from her though. Smiling warmly as she looked over at her brother.

"Oh, Tyrion. Its you. What do you mean, what am I up to?" (Y/n) retorted with her own chuckle, as she poured her twin a glass of wine and handed it to him.

Tyrion couldn't help but roll his eyes. The little lion knew (Y/n) better than anyone else. Despite their older sisters and father blaming him for the death of their mother. (Y/n) and Tyrion had always been exceptionally close, and she had never let anyone else's opinions of her twin cloud her judgment of him. And he in return, had always done his best to protect her whenever he could. But Tyrion was no fool. He knew that under that sweet and beautiful exterior beat the heart of a true lioness. A lioness whose intelligence was greater than anyone else he had ever come across. And whose teeth and claws were sharper than they may appear.

"I saw Ros just leave your room. What was one of Baelish' women doing in here?" Tyrion asked. (Y/n) shaking her head as she saw the wicked little glint in her brother's eye.

"Most certainly not what you are thinking. She had come to deliver a message from Petyr. It was just another one of his attempts at trying to persuade me to meet him later. To get me to go to his rooms. I swear that that man only has one thing on his mind. I burnt the note and sent her away with a flea in her ear. I have no time for his foolishness." (Y/n) explained. The lioness feeling relieved as her brother seemed to accept her explanation. Tyrion knowing full well that Petyr had been vying for his sister's hand for some time. And at one point had even dared speak with their father about it. The old lion not taking the request well.

"Now that we have cleared that up. Why don't you come and spend some time with me, brother? It seems as though we barely see one another these days." (Y/n) continued cheerfully. Taking hold of her twin's hand and escorting him to the chairs next to the fire. Tyrion still feeling that (Y/n) was up to something. But as she smiled sweetly at him, he no longer cared.