Nurse maid - Doran x Reader

New character time.😃 Don't know if there are any Doran fans out there, but here goes anyway.

"(Y/n)!" Doran called out, as he slowly raised himself from his day bed.

"My Prince, how many times do I need to tell you not to try and move without me? What if you were to fall over? What if you were to hurt yourself? I swear that I can't leave you alone for a moment." The nurse maid reprimanded, as she rushed into the room to see the head of House Martell, try to get between the large seat and the waiting wheelchair. Doran unable to stop himself from smiling as she rushed over and placed his arm around her shoulder, helping him to carefully move between the two seats.

Doran was used to being chastised like this by now. (Y/n) had been his nurse maid for some time. The young woman taking care of his every need, as the Lord of Sunspear dealt with his disabling case of gout. The lady, the only one that seemed to be able to cope with his changes in temperament, when the pain in his foot got too bad. Doran had to admit that he sometimes did things like this on purpose, so that he could feel her close to him. So that he could feel the warmth of her form against his and catch the scent of her floral perfume. The odour making his mind race as (Y/n) helped him into his chair.

(Y/n) was from one of the best families in Dorne, and had taken an interest in studying medicinal herbs, tinctures and potions from an old Rhoynar woman that had been part of the retinue of her family. And it had been her skills and knowledge in these very things, that had originally brought her to the attention of the Prince of Dorne. Doran desperate for anything and anyone that could help with his pain. But when he had seen the exquisite dark haired beauty, Doran knew that he wanted more than just her skill. He wanted more from her than her knowledge in pain relieving compounds. He wanted her. So, to ensure that she would remain in Sunspear, Doran had asked her to be his nurse maid. Yet after all this time, the prince was still to tell his beautiful nurse, just how he felt.

Doran wasn't like his younger brother, Oberyn, in many ways. Whereas Oberyn could freely indulge in his lust and desires. Could challenge whomever he wanted, seemingly without any consequences. His reputation as a fighter and lover known of throughout the Seven Kingdoms. Doran, as heir to the throne of Dorne, had been raised to be more responsible, more controlled. And unlike Oberyn that was seen as being hot-headed and slightly aggressive. Doran was viewed as being thoughtful, and patient. Not one to rush into anything until the moment was right. And as such, had still to think of the right way to tell (Y/n) that he wished for more from his relationship with her, than her just being his nurse maid. If he had been more like Oberyn, Doran was sure that he would have known what it was to love (Y/n) by now. But as it was.............

"And where was it that you were trying to go? Hmmmmmm?" (Y/n) chuckled as carefully moved Doran's feet. Her words shaking the prince from his thoughts.

"Oh......I though that a walk through the gardens would be nice. It is such a beautiful evening." Doran replied. His heart beating faster as (Y/n) stood and sighed softly. Her gaze turning to look over the splendid gardens and fountains. The head of House Martell sure that he had never seen anything more beautiful than (Y/n)'s face, as the rays of the early evening sun kissed her skin.

(Y/n) loved her life in the great castle. She loved the sound of the bird song that woke her every morning. The scent of the night flowers that drifted into her room on the warm breeze. But most of all, she loved being with her prince. From the moment she had she had seen the older man; she knew that she didn't want to leave his side. So, when he had asked her to stay at Sunspear as his nurse maid, she had jumped at the opportunity. And even though his gout could make his temper fray a little at times, she knew that she wouldn't change her new life for anything. Yet despite how long she had been by his side. Despite her ever growing feelings for the older prince, she was yet to find the right words to tell the Lord of Sunspear that she had always hoped for more than just being his nurse. That she had always hoped that he would.............

"(Y/n)?" Doran's voice suddenly said. The sound of her name bringing her back from her thoughts.

"You are quite right, my prince. It is a marvellous evening. And a quiet stroll would do us both good. You spend far too much time just looking out at the gardens, rather than being in them. It is such a waste to not take in their full majesty." (Y/n) finally replied, with a smile as she moved to the back of the prince's wheelchair. Gripping both of the handles as she manoeuvred the chair, slowly away from the balcony.

                                                        >>---------------------------------<<

Doran closed his eyes and hummed softly to himself, as the last of the days sun warmed him. All his senses being bombarded in the most glorious ways. Yet the best thing, was the sound of (Y/n)'s voice. Her soft tone, still audible over the babble and splash of the fountains. She would always read to him when they came into the gardens. It was sort of a routine. First, they would stroll for a while, talking about whatever came to mind. And then she would take a sit on the same stone bench and produce a book. Reading out loud as Doran would close his eyes and listen.

At this moment, (Y/n) was recounting a story that Doran knew well. The history of his family. Of the Rhoynar warrior-queen Nymeria and Mors Martell. Of how the ancient prince of Dorne had been smitten with the beauteous queen, and joined forces with her through a marriage-alliance. How the golden spear sigil of the Martell's, had been combined with the red sun of Nymeria. And of the pairs love for one another. The tale making Doran realise that now was the time to act. That if his ancestor, if Oberyn could have who they loved, then so could he. That Mellario had been dead for many moons, and that he should no longer deny himself what he wanted. He was, after all, a Dornishman, a Martell. And despite the weight of responsibility for his Kingdom, that rested on his shoulders. The time for patience had passed. And now it was time to act.

(Y/n) looked up, as Doran suddenly let out an uncomfortable hiss. The book dropping to the floor as she jumped to her feet, needing to make sure that her prince was well. It was a common occurrence. Sometimes the pain of his gout would flair up without warning, (Y/n) knowing that she had to get him back inside the palace so that he could rest. So that she could raise his foot and give him a soothing powder. But this time, as she moved to wheel him back inside, Doran caught her wrist and pulled her down. His lips crashing into hers as (Y/n) found herself positioned on the prince's lap. His hands running through her hair as he seemed to take the breath from her lungs. (Y/n) feeling herself tremble as he held her close.

"I love you, (Y/n)." Doran finally told her as their lips parted. His nurse maid wide eyed as she heard the prince's declaration.

"I have waited far too long to tell you that, (Y/n). Far too long, to tell you that I never wanted you to just be my nurse. Too long, to tell you that I want you to be mine. And if you can love an old fool. If you will agree to be my princess, then I will give you all I am." Doran said softly. The prince sure that at any moment his heart would beat from his chest, as (Y/n) nodded slowly.

"My prince. Doran. I.......I can think of nothing that I would like better, than to be yours. To give you all that I am, and all that I ever will be. And if an old fool can love this young fool, I believe that we will make just as great a match, as Nymeria and Mors." (Y/n) replied. Her fingers brushing softly over Doran's beard and then up into his mop of dark hair.

"Now. Let's get you back inside, before your gout does really cause you pain. And perhaps, you can think of a way to show me how much you really do love me." (Y/n) added. Doran not failing to see the twinkle in her eyes, as she kissed him gently again, before getting to her feet and slowly pushing the prince back inside the palace. Doran knowing, that whether nurse maid or princess. (Y/n) would never leave his side.