The krakens little wolf - Part 1 - Theon x Reader

A request for toogsallmighty. Now I have sort of decided to split this into two parts. This part is where the reader is just a child. The second part will be set after Theon/Reek and Sansa make it to the Wall. The reader character then of age. So, I hope that you enjoy.

Robb smiled, as he heard a high pitched, excited squeal, ring out through the corridors of Winterfell. The heir to the great castle looking over at Jon, who just shook his head, and smiled in reply.

"Looks like (Y/n) is coming for you, Theon." Robb remarked with a chuckle. The young kraken just rolling his eyes and pretending he wasn't interested. That he hadn't heard the laughter. That he didn't care that at any moment a beautiful, dark haired little girl, would come bursting through the door looking just for him. But in truth, Robb, Jon, and the rest of the family knew that (Y/n) was Theon's little wolf. That no matter how Theon would protest in front of Robb and Jon in particular, there was a loving bond between him and the youngest of the female children of Ned and Catelyn Stark. A bond that had begun the first time that Theon had laid eyes on the cooing, dark haired bundle. As she had griped hold of his finger and looked deep into his eyes. Theon knowing that for some reason, and no matter what, he had to always be there for the tiny child. Her first smile at him, making his heart gladden, despite Catelyn remarking that it was probably just wind.

As soon as the little wolf could walk, she had wanted to follow the kraken. To be wherever he was. From the moment she could speak, she had only wanted to say his name. And despite all his grumbling and complaining. His protests that he was not a nurse maid, Theon would really have it no other way.

For the most part, the north was dark, grey and cold. The people, their attire, as dull and dour as the weather, but not (Y/n). Not his little wolf. There was something about the little Stark. She was a ray of sunlight. A living rainbow. Joy and happiness in a sometimes joyless world. A little girl with an ability to make anyone smile. Even Theon.

The servants that cared for her, called her the flower of Winterfell. The little one always wanting her dresses to be the same colours as the petals of the blossoms that she loved so much. Always wanting to be bright. To stand out from the rest of the family. From the rest of the world. A perfect red rose, all alone in the snow. And Theon was her protector.

"I swear that (Y/n) loves Theon, even more than Theon loves Theon." Jon commented quietly. Ignoring the glare from the young Greyjoy.

"As unbelievable as that is, I think that you might be right. Last night at dinner, she even announced that when she's big enough, she wants to marry him." Robb laughed, as he remembered how confident his little sister had been in her declaration. How red Theon had become. And the shocked looks on their parents faces, as (Y/n) had given everyone the biggest grin possible, before taking her seat back next to the kraken, like nothing had happened.

"No, she didn't! She asked your parents if she could marry me when she was big enough..............."

"Oh no Theon. (Y/n) announced quite clearly, that she is going to marry you. I don't think my sister was giving you a choice. Or anyone else for that matter. And ask or tell, (Y/n) has made up her mind." Robb laughed. Winking at Jon, as they both watch Theon do his best to fight back the blush that was creeping up onto his cheeks. Doing his best to ignore the teasing laughter of the two brothers.

He had to admit that it had been a little embarrassing. That he had cowered slightly when he had seen the looks on the faces of the lord and lady of Winterfell. But in a strange way, it had made Theon feel happy. Made him realise that there really was someone that truly cared about him. For despite all his bluff and bravado. All his outrageous boasts and claims. Despite his arrogance and vanity. Underneath it all, he was just a lost little boy. Insecure, weak and unsure of everything he was and did. His little wolf the only one that he felt as though he could be himself with. Her trust in him. Her care for him. Her confidence and belief, making that little boy believe in himself.

"THEON!!!" A loud giggling voice exclaimed, as the large, heavy door to the room was gradually pushed open. The three young men, turning to see (Y/n) poke her head around the door. Her long dark hair pulled from its braid and sticking out like she had been dragged through a bush. The little girl's eyes growing wide with joy, as she spied her brothers, as well as her kraken.

"ROBB! JON!" The young wolf called out, as she raced into her room, and threw herself into her oldest sibling's arms. Robb kissing the excited girl on the forehead, before she left him, and made her way to Jon. The young Snow, letting out a loud "OOF!" as (Y/n) jumped at him. (Y/n) as always, ignoring everything her mother had told her about it not being lady like to jump at people. Jon chuckling, as (Y/n) kissed his nose, and then turned her sights to Theon, who was trying not the smile. His little wolf hiding something behind her back, as she moved closer to him.

"Theon. I have something for you. And something to tell you." (Y/n) declared happily, as she stood proudly before the young Ironborn.

"Well, I think that you and I should go find something to do. I am sure that whatever (Y/n) has to say, is for Theon's ears only." Robb teased, as he looked at Jon. The two getting to there feet and making their way to the door. Leaving the kraken and his little wolf to (Y/n)'s obviously important business. Theon smiling and helping her up onto his lap, as the door closed behind the brothers.

"And what is it that you have for me?" Theon asked. His brows furrowing in confusion, as the little wolf held out a simple ring. The band nestled happily in the palm of the young girl. A length of cloth appearing in the other hand.

"Sansa told me that when men and ladies marry, that ladies get rings. That the man puts a cloak around the ladies' shoulders to protect her. But I know that you don't have rings or a cloak, so I though that I would give them to you. So that one day, when I am as old as you, you can give them back to me, and we can get married." (Y/n) explained, as she pushed them into Theon's hands. The kraken fighting back the tears that threatened to fall. Theon sure that no one else would ever think about doing such a thing for him.

"I promise that one day, when you are as old as I am. That I will give them back to you." Theon replied, brushing some of the hair from (Y/n)'s beaming face.

"Now. Why don't you tell me what else Sansa told you?" Theon continued. Smiling as his little wolf began to recite everything else that she could remember her oldest sister had said. Theon placing the ring in his pocket. Promising himself that no matter what happened, one day he would give (Y/n) back her ring.