Secrets and lies - Part 2

Sorry I have made you wait for so long for the second part of this imagine. I hope you enjoy.

"Ser Jaime. How can I..........I, er. To what do I owe the pleasure of having you call on me?" (Y/n) finally managed to ask. Not able to believe her eyes as the golden lion stood before her. And feeling foolish for fumbling over her words as she looked deep into his beautiful eyes. His soft smile making her heart beat faster than she ever thought possible.

"I apologise for my intrusion, my lady. But I had wished to speak to you regarding a delicate matter. If I could beg a few moments of your precious time." Jaime explained as he moved closer. (Y/n) trying her best to fight back the blush that she could feel creeping up to her cheeks. The breath hitching in her throat as the man she desired more than breath itself, moved even closer. Barely a chink of light separating the pair as he looked down at her. His hand still gripping hers tightly.

"Delicate matter? Of-of course, Ser Jaime. Please........please come inside." (Y/n) replied, as she motioned for the Kingslayer to enter her humble home. Confused as to what delicate matter the oldest son of the Hand of the King, could be referring to.

"Marilla. Could you bring us some wine please?" (Y/n) asked, as an older woman appeared, helping the younger mockingbird take off her cloak. The maid nodding respectfully at both the nobles, before scurrying away.

"Please, my lord. Take a seat." (Y/n) told Jaime. The Kingsguard taking a chair next to the roaring fire in the hearth. Thanking her as she handed him a glass of the fine wine that the maid has just brought into the room.

"Now my lord. What is this delicate matter of which you speak? And how can I, of all people, help you?" (Y/n) enquired. Accidentally taking a larger gulp of her wine than she meant. The mockingbird's stomach spinning and twisting as Jaime leaned forward and smiled at her. The lady fighting back the urge to take his face in her hands and kiss him.

"Well, my lady........I, er.......... I was wondering if you could advise me on something? Something that I believe only a lady such as yourself can help me with." Jaime began. (Y/n) not sure why the lion would look to her for help. But finding that she was more than glad that he had.

"Of course, Ser Jaime. If I can assist you in any............."

"How do you talk to a lady? I mean....... how do you confess your love to a sweet, kind, wonderful woman?" Jaime interrupted. The words seeming to jump out of his mouth before he could stop them. The golden lion turning his gaze up to the young mockingbird, who was staring back at him in disbelief. Her heart breaking at the thought that the man she loved. The man she adored. Had lost his heart to another. And had come to her for help with how to profess said love.

"I.......I do not wish to sound rude, my lord. But you are Jaime Lannister. The golden lion. I cannot imagine that you have ever had trouble speaking to women. That you could possibly have concerns about telling a lady how you felt. I fail to see how I could possibly help you.........."

"Yes, yes. But she is different. Not like any other woman I have met. I want her to see more than my name. More than to man that everyone else sees. I want her to see the man that I truly am. She is perfect. And I know that only a lady as intelligent as yourself can help. That only you can assist me." Jaime interrupted again. (Y/n) fighting back the tears that threatened to fall, as she wished that it was she that he felt all those emotions for. She that he wanted to show the real him. She that he loved so much that he needed to know the best way to woo her.

"Er well............ it all depends on the lady. Different ladies appreciate different things, I suppose." (Y/n) managed to tell him. Hating herself for the words that were leaving her mouth. But finding that even now. Even as her heart shattered into a million pieces. That she had to help him. That if he was in love with another woman, then this maybe the last opportunity for her to be this close to the man that had her heart, ever again.

"Well......... how would a gentleman talk to lady like....... um, like you (Y/n)? I mean you are a woman." Jaime said, looking up through his eyelashes at her. The Kingslayer appearing more nervous and tentative than she had ever seen the normally confident man, before. (Y/n) finding that she could do nothing but chuckle, despite feeling herself dying inside. The mockingbird surprised that Jaime had even noticed that she was a woman, given his obvious love for the lady of which he spoke.

"Let's see...... making me laugh is always a good thing. But it has to be something witty, not just foolish humour. Something that shows that the man has some intelligence. I suppose.........I suppose little compliment about how nice I look that day, or about something I have done, are always nice to hear. I would never describe myself as a lady that required a lot from a man that may love me. It would be more the simple things that I appreciate. And that doesn't necessarily mean it needs to be words. A brush of hands when he passes me. A kiss when I'm least expecting it, or being presented with a wild flower that he had found. It may sound silly. A little foolish. But it's the little things that count. Not great big displays of affection, or wealth. Just simple little things. Something sweet. Something sincere. Something that would show your lady how much you truly loved her." (Y/n) told him with a shrug, as she turned her eyes towards the fire. Hoping that he wouldn't notice her wipe away a tear that was rolling down her cheek.

"So, does that work on all ladies?" Jaime asked. (Y/n) not sure how it was possible, but now feeling her soul break as badly as her heart already had.

"I'm afraid that I cannot say, Ser Jaime. But if I were the lady that held your heart, and you were to do any of those things for me. I know that I would fall in love with you. That I would love you until the end of the world." (Y/n) told him. The mockingbird doing her best to hide the multitude of emotions that were bombarding her as Jaime seemed to muse for a moment, tapping his fingers on arm of his chair. (Y/n) imagining what was going through his head. How he would use what she had told him to approach the lady that he obviously adored.

"Thank you, my lady. Thank you. I will be sure to use all that you have told me. But if you will excuse me, I have some things to arrange." Jaime suddenly said, as he got to his feet, took (Y/n)'s hand, kissed it softly, and made his way to the door. Leaving the female mockingbird, alone and broken. (Y/n) sure that she would never be the same again. Tears rolling down her cheeks as she realised that she had been an instrument in her own heartbreak. That she had just told Jaime the best way to approach the woman he really loved. (Y/n) hating herself more than she thought possible. Knowing that she would now never want to return to the Red Keep ever again. That she could not bare to see Jaime arm and arm with the woman he loved. And that she had brought all of this on herself.