Fear and love - Part 5 - Jaime x Reader

Now this part of the imagine is more Jaime. But fear not. The next chapter will be back to Joffrey.

(Y/n) made her way back into the Keep. Her duties had kept her longer than she had intended. Yet she could not just ignore the issues that faced her men. Faced the people of Kings Landing and its surrounds. She could not just ignore the business of the Seven Kingdoms. Her father had once told her, that despite what Robert may have thought. Despite what Cersei and anyone else may think, it was he and (Y/n) that had the ultimate control over the Kingdoms. He as the Hand, and (Y/n) as the commander of the Lannister and Baratheon forces. And despite Robert and now Joffrey and Cersei being able to command (Y/n), as to when and if to go to war; Tywin was well aware that the only person that the soldiers owed any true allegiance to, was the younger lioness. Sure, that with one word from her, none would raise their sword. The old lion always glad that at least one of his children hadn't grown up to be a huge disappointment.

But now that the business of the day was over with, she needed a drink before she went to talk to Joffrey again. Not to the amount that her younger brother and older sister would consume. But enough to help her rest before she had to go and deal with the biggest problem of the Kingdom.

Making her way back into her chambers, (Y/n) dropped herself into the chair. Kicking off her boots, as she reached out for the full jug of wine and an empty glass. She didn't know why she cared so much about Joffrey. It was true that she loved Tommen and Myrcella as well. Hated seeing how the older boy would mistreat his siblings. Especially the way that he would tease Tommen. Yet it was perhaps the fact that he was the first born that made Joffrey so special to her. (Y/n) able to remember the beautiful little bundle that her sister had presented to her, shortly after he was born. His smile and his giggle, as he ran through the Keep to find her, whenever she made her way back to the castle. Telling her that he wanted to be one of her soldiers. That he wanted to be her second. How he would cry when she had to go to battle. And how he would cry again when she had returned, bruised and battered. Yet at some point, Joffrey had changed. That sweet, innocent, loving little boy disappearing overnight, to be replaced by the nightmare that they all had to deal with now. The wicked, sadistic, amoral monster that seemed to believe that no one could come up against him. But despite all that (Y/n) still hoped. Still hoped that deep down, that sweet little boy was still there. And with enough time and help, she could bring him back.

"(Y/n)." A voice suddenly came, breaking the silence of the room. The lioness turning her gaze towards the door and smiling as she saw her older brother. Jaime nodding and smiling in reply, as (Y/n) held up her now nearly empty glass. The golden lion knowing her well enough to know, that that meant he should join her. Jaime sitting down in the chair across from her, and gratefully taking the glass that she handed him.

"I have been talking to Tyrion..........." Jaime began as he took a drink.

"Well, that should have been entertaining. It must have been earlier in the day that you spoke. Usually by this hour, he and Bronn are down at the Street of Silk giving our dear Master of Coin, more Lannister gold." (Y/n) chuckled. Jaime nodding, knowing that he could not argue with her about that.

"And what were you and our brother speaking of? I am sure that whatever it was, it is the reason that you are here now. Not that I am complaining about your presence. I always enjoy my time with you, Jaime. It is just that I know that I am not our sister." (Y/n) continued. Jaime nodding once again, before placing his glass on the table.

Jaime knew that (Y/n) had always been smart. And he had to admit that he was proud of her. Despite what their father normally thought about the position of women, (Y/n) had been able to prove that she was good enough to take on a role other than that, that had been assigned to Cersei. A role that had made the still young lioness, one of the greatest and formidable commanders in the Seven Kingdoms. And her ability to pick up on things that others didn't. Know things that others didn't, had ensure that the Lannister and Baratheon forces had been more successful that perhaps they would have been under another's watch. Yet that ability had often led Jaime to worry about whether she could know of the twin's secret. Whether she could know of the truth behind Joffrey and the other children. But whatever the case, (Y/n) had never said anything. She had never breathed a word.

"He was telling me that you have promised to take Joffrey back under your wing. That you have promised to show him how he can be a real king. A true king." Jaime finally replied, his eyes moving to look at his sister's face.

"Yes, I had a feeling that it would be that. And yes, our brother is quite correct in what he told you. I have made it my business to help my nephew. To try and give the people a king that they can be proud of. Not the malicious, remorseless, tyrant that we currently have to deal with............."

"But why? Why would you.................?"

"Do you mean, why would I bother? Why would I give that awful child a moment of my time? Well, I suppose because his grandfather, mother and father are incapable of doing anything with him. Because someone has to do something, before all of this falls down around our ears. Before the rest of the Seven Kingdoms rebel, and we descend into complete anarchy. But rest assured, Jaime. If Joffrey persists on doing what he is doing. On being what he is. I will go through anyone. Even his father, to make sure that someone more suitable can ascend the Iron Throne." (Y/n) told him, as she slowly pulled her boots back on.

"Father? But Robert is dead................."

"Please Jaime. Do not treat me like a fool. All others may be blind to the truth, but I am not. There is not a hint of Stag in any of Cersei's children. Not a drop of Baratheon blood flows through either Joffrey, Tommen or Myrcella's veins. Those children are pure Lannister. You and Cersei have always been far too close. And despite how discrete you and our sister may think you are, there will always be whispers. Hushed rumours. But rest assured, that no one will hear the truth of their lineage from me. Yet I also assure you, that if Joffrey cannot be helped, I will put him to the sword. And if you or Cersei try to stand in my way, then I hope that you will both be prepared to die." The lioness explained, as she moved over to a wide eyed Jaime. (Y/n) leaning over and placing a soft kiss to the golden lion's cheek.

"Though I do hope that it doesn't come to that, brother." (Y/n) whispered into his ear, before making her way over to the door.

"Now, if you will excuse me. I have a nephew to teach to be a king that we can all be proud of." The lioness told Jaime, as she opened the door. A small smile pulling at her lips, as she heard Jaime call after her.

"Thank you."