Chapter 6: Back to Home!!🏡

"Have a safe flight buddy! Don't miss me too much" said Aaryan hugging Arjun.

"Haha! Don't give yourself that much importance," laughed Arjun.

"Happy journey Arjun! We'll miss you here," said Sanjay joining them for a group hug.

"Guys stop this bidaai session! You make me feel like some bride leaving their parents' home" whined Arjun.

The announcement was made after which they bid their goodbyes and Arjun boarded his flight. After a tiring journey of 2 hours, he reached home.

"Chaachuuuuuuu!!" screamed 3-year-old Ansh running to Arjun and hugging his legs.

"Hey my cute Lil champ!" said Arjun ruffling his hair fondly.

"Dawn't call me cute chachu. Me handsome!" whined Ansh scrunching his nose.

"Okay, my cute...sorry handsome Lil champ" corrected Arjun pulling Ansh's cheeks.

Hearing their voices, everyone came to the hall to welcome Arjun.

"I missed you so much beta. I'm glad you are back home. And what is this I'm seeing, you have become so lean," complained his mom, Mrs. Anjali, hugging her son.

"Haa maa! Now that he has come home. Let's cook all his favorite food and feed him till he gets back to normal." said his sister-in-law Aahana coming from the kitchen.

"What bhabhi? You too!!" whined Arjun and looked at his brother Aditya for help.

"Don't involve me in this bro!" laughed Aditya.

"Don't get started everyone. Leave my poor grandson for today. Let him rest for some time" said his grandpa Mr. Prithviraj smiling fondly at Arjun.

"Thank you, Grandpa!" said Arjun beaming at him while his grandpa huffed at him annoyingly and twisted his ears.

"Oh sorry sorry young man! Thank you Pops!!" said Arjun raising both hands in defeat while all others were laughing at their banter.

"Welcome home my son! Now go to your room and take rest!" said his dad Mr.Vikram hugging Arjun.

"Chaachu me too me too," said Ansh jumping, asking him to lift him and take him along.

"Haha! Come my champ. Let's freshen up fast and join for the dinner" said Arjun lifting Ansh and walking to his room.

"Chaachu why you too tall and me too short?" said Ansh looking at Arjun.

"Because I celebrated 28 birthdays and you only 3 birthdays," laughed Arjun.

"Really! Then I will ask papa to celebrate my birthday's fast" said Ansh getting down from his hands and running to his dad, Aditya.

"Poor Aditya! Now he will have to hear Ansh's tantrums" laughed Arjun looking at Ansh running behind Aditya.

Soon everyone joined for dinner and were very happy to have Arjun here after a long time. His mom and Aahana specially made all his favorite dishes. The dinner was quite a lovely affair.

"Come on Arjun! Let's go for a walk in the lawn" said his Grandpa, Mr.PrithviRaj.

"Sure Pops!" said Arjun joining him.

"So, when are you joining your work here?" asked his grandpa.

"I will be starting tomorrow," said Arjun.

"I am sorry Arjun. I know it's hard for you to leave your work there and come here all of a sudden. But you know I am already becoming old and I wish to spend some time with all of my family." said his grandpa.

"Don't worry Pops! I will be fine" said Arjun hugging his grandpa. "And aren't you the one who hates being called old?"

"I am still young at heart my boy." winked his grandpa.