Chapter 9: The Inauguration!

It has been very chaotic at RIMS as the opening of the new OT complex was scheduled today and being one of the prestigious colleges in Mumbai, there was also going to be a press meet soon after. The inauguration was to be done by the Minister and for that reason, there was much more crowd than usual, most of them consisting of the press and the security team.

The Administrative Team and the staff were already doing the last-minute checkups to ensure a smooth inauguration. Everything was well managed and they were waiting for the arrival of the Chairperson of the college who will be accompanying the Minister for the inauguration.

The Chairperson of the college had just reached in time. He is an elderly man in his late seventies, wearing a well-tailored and impeccably crisp grey suit walking into the room exuding an aura of power and authority.

On noticing the chairperson's arrival, the principal of the college rushed towards the entrance.

"Welcome to the hospital, Mr. Raichand. It's good seeing you here after a long time. The arrangements have been done and the Minister will soon reach in 15mins." said the Principal of the college presenting him a bouquet and walking him to his cabin.

"Thank you, Mr. Kapoor. Please have your seat. I would like to discuss few things" said Mr. Raichand after entering his cabin.

"The work which I have assigned you last week, any progress about it?" inquired Mr. Raichand.

"Not yet sir. I have been trying to look into it but there's no progress as of now." said the principal.

"Ok, Mr. Kapoor. Please let me know if there is any update. No one can ever mess up with the college's reputation. If that happens, I Prithviraj Raichand will show them hell and I am not going to spare anyone." said Mr. Raichand in a serious tone.

"And also Thank you for keeping my grandson Arjun's identity a secret. Make sure it remains the same. No third person apart from us should know about it till I give my further orders." added Mr. Raichand.

"Sure Mr. Raichand." said the principal and then left the cabin.

The Minister arrived soon and the inauguration went smoothly as planned. The guests and the college authorities assembled in the meeting hall for the press conference.

After the minister's and chairperson's speech, the reporters started asking questions.

"Sir, What's the specialty of the new OT complex?" asked one of the reporters.

"Hospital is undergoing major modernization works to enable the institution to respond more effectively to the challenging demands of the healthcare. Our well-trained anesthesiologists and surgeons should be able to make the best use of the infrastructure and the equipment and should be able to address the needs of our patients requiring advanced surgery at an affordable cost," answered Mr. Raichand.

"Sir, they are rumors that you are going to retire soon. Will your son Mr. Vikram Raichand take over soon? How true are the rumors?" asked the other reporter.

"Nothing as of now. All in a good time" answered Mr. Raichand gracefully.