Chapter 21: Picture Perfect 📸

"No more talks Dr.Aadya. I don't like to take favors and let me return you the favor for dropping me this morning" said Arjun in a no-nonsense tone and left inside his cabin.

"No more talks Dr.Aadya" she mimicked Arjun rolling her eyes after he left inside.

Arjun returned with his keys while Aadya followed him to the parking lot like a lost puppy. She was hell lot of tired with the work and all she wants now is to jump on her comfy bed and sleep to her heart's content.

They got into the car and hit the roads soon. Aadya got a small smile on her face thinking about her memories attached to this car. She felt too childish reminiscing her antics.

The weather was very serene and soon it started to drizzle. Aadya was looking out and passing her fingers through the glass tracing the droplets falling on it. Arjun saw her playing with it and then turned to play some music.

He wasn't a fan of music but maybe he is getting inclined to it now.

Reason?

He himself doesn't know.

Aadya's face gleamed with joy when Arjun had turned on the music.

Unknowingly, he replied with a small smile.

"So, this is the reason huh? Playing music to see someone's smile." came his mind voice.

"No no, I was just trying to avoid silence in the car" he convinced himself.

"Right!! You loveeeeee to drive with music on na!" his mind voice mocked.

He was so lost in his thoughts until he heard a soft snore. He looked down to see Aadya leaning on his shoulders sleeping peacefully.

He was about to wake her up but decided against it. He placed her head comfortably and switched off the music for the rest of the journey.

"Isn't it strange?" he thought to himself.

He was getting used to her antics. Her innocence, her fierceness, her childishness, her stubbornness, everything of Aadya is not going unnoticed by him. His life which was bland before has turned sweet and spicy from when Aadya has entered. All thanks to Aadya and her stupid silly fights with Arjun which he was enjoying.

Shh! That's a secret!

He loves riling her up. He loves to see her cute button nose turning red when she tries to control her anger on him. He is her mentor and that had become an advantage to him. She never retorts him because of that.

Is he falling for her?

Nah!! He likes her.

But love??? It's complicated, you see!

He started liking her company but it's hard for him to accept in front of Aadya because of his mountain size ego.

They soon reached her home.

"Aadya????" Arjun called out her name to wake her up but she didn't even budge out from her place. Instead, she snuggled more into him taking in his warmth. She was looking so cute and carefree.

Arjun took out his phone and clicked a picture of hers. He kind of felt it creepy but who cares. He just wanted to use it against her when the right time comes.

Covering up his sinister smile, he woke up Aadya again.

"5 mins Sid, please" she murmured in sleep.

"Dr. Aadya if you are done with your dreams, could you please wake up. We reached your home" Arjun said in a loud tone for her to hear.

Aadya instantly snapped her eyes open. On realizing her position, she jerked back quickly causing Arjun to yelp in pain. Due to her quick reflex, her head hit Arjun's chin forcefully.

"Fuc...Shittt shittt I am so sorry sir" apologized Aadya touching his chin to examine. She felt bad seeing Arjun in pain because of her.

"Ouch! What the hell are you doing girl? Don't touch, it's hurting" he screamed. Aadya flinched on his tone.

"I am fine. It's just that when you touched the wound, it kind of pained but it's all cool now" he replied in a soft tone sensing Aadya's fear.

"Ohh I am sorry for that" she apologized again.

"That's okay. It's already getting late. Why don't you go inside?!"

"Yeah!! Thank you for dropping me home sir" she said getting out of the car.

"I just returned your favor. Don't forget, it's all settled now," he said in a final tone.

"Right!" she shrugged.

Just as he was about to start, Aadya knocked on his side of the window.

"Sir, I forgot to ask you! How did you know my address?" Aadya asked lifting her eyebrows questioningly at him.

"Ahh...you only told me in sleep!" he said.

"Really sir?!" she asked again unable to believe his words.

"Yes, you talk in sleep and also you were snoring the whole way. God save your future husband from your weird sleeping habits!" he mocked her.

"I just don't believe it" glared Aadya giving him an impossible look.

"Then how do you think I know your address without you telling me?!" he back questioned Aadya.

"Uh...I don't know! Anyways it's getting late sir. Good night" she said and rushed towards her home. She didn't want to stay there and let him embarrass her further.

"This girl and her CBI brain." Arjun shook his head with a smile tugging on his lips thinking of her stupid investigation.