Chapter 36: Aadya's Exam!!

Aadya choked on her food hearing the conference matter while Arjun looked at her with a mischievous smirk.

"Really uncle?"

"What's the conference topic about?" Arjun asked Aadya curiously.

"It's about...uh... Digitalization techniques in Emergency Medicine. Yeah! That one only." she fumbled with her words.

"Ohh that's interesting. What techniques did they talk about?" he asked teasing her further.

Aadya pleaded him with her eyes while signing Prithviraj to handle Arjun.

"Kids, I know you both are brilliant doctors but will you please concentrate on eating and discuss these later," suggested Prithviraj dismissing the topic.

"Yes daadu! I am famished" replied Aadya and continued eating glaring at Arjun.

Thankfully, Arjun haven't troubled her further.

"Okay Pankaj. We will take your leave. You have to rest now and Aadya beta thank you for the wonderful dinner" said Prithviraj after the dinner.

"You are welcome daadu. I will learn your favorites next time" chirped Aadya.

"Aadya why don't you accompany them till the parking?" said Pankaj while Aadya nodded and walked them till outside.

They got into the car and drove away, bidding bye to Aadya.

Aadya got back inside and went to Pankaj's room to give him his medicines and joined Sid for a movie night.

After an hour of watching the movie, she saw Sid already sleeping like a log. She switched off the tv, put a blanket on him and retired to her room.

She noticed that she had left her mobile on the bed and checked her phone. There was a message from Arjun few mins back.

"I forgot to ask you before, how is your preparation going on?" - Arjun

"What preparation?!" -Aadya.

"Don't tell me you forgot? You have your internals in two days, right?"

Aadya hit her forehead thinking of her carelessness. With all the things happening recently, it somehow slipped her mind that she has internals in two days.

"Hey are you there?"- Arjun

"Yeah, sorry! I was zoned out. I forgot about the internals."

"As expected from you! So, what are you planning to do now?"

"I am sorry but I don't share my plans with my mentors."

"What? But we are friends right! *whines*"

"Not anymore because friends don't book them in front of their parents."

"Ohh that's the reason for this treatment huh? I thought I should help you, but not anymore because I'm not your friend *sad face*"

"I'm a student and we have our own ways to pass *smirk* Thanks for your help but no thanks"

"Let's see then. Best of luck. Good night"

"Good night and Thanks for reminding!"

"My pleasure minion"

"Uhh....I am not any minion. I'm taking my thanks back. Bye"

Arjun smiled on seeing her reply and put his phone aside going to bed.

Internals day

"Payal I'm tensed yaar. I couldn't be able to prepare everything." said Aadya worriedly.