Chapter 28: Happy realization!

All these happened too suddenly that Aadya didn't even get time to process it and just when she was about to object them, Arjun was walking towards them in all his glory.

"Pops, you called?" asked Arjun.

"Yes, Arjun. I want to formally introduce you to someone." Prithviraj said and turned towards Aadya.

"Aadya beta meet my grandson Arjun and Arjun I don't think you need her introduction as I have already told you about her." he smiled while the duo felt awkward with the introduction.

"Uhh... Hi Aadya. Congratulations!" greeted Arjun extending his hand.

"Thank you, Arjun Sir! Congratulations to you too on becoming the new Chairman," she responded the handshake.

She felt a chill ran down her spine with his touch. Arjun was no different. This was the first time he heard his name from her. His heart was thumping loudly inside his chest. All these feelings were new to him.

Both retrieved their hands while Prithviraj was looking at them with so much love and adoration in his eyes.

"Arjun sir huh?" teased Sanjay. "Daadu please excuse us, we will be right back. I need to talk something with Arjun Sirrrrr" he said knowingly stressing on Sir and dragged Arjun with him outside.

"Aadya beta, how did you like my surprise? I have finally fulfilled my promise of introducing you to the one who proposed the idea of inviting the winner to the dinner" said Prithviraj.

"Is that Arjun Sir?" she asked shocked with the new revelation.

"Yes, it was your Arjun sir only!" he said deliberately addressing Arjun as hers while Aadya was too surprised to notice it.

"I didn't expect that daadu. Infact, I was shocked by your announcement too. You have told me so many things about your grandson Arjun but how come I didn't notice that Arjun and Arjun Sir are the same?"

"Aadya beta, I was about to say you that Arjun is back when we met at the park but how could I, when you were showering him with a generous number of profanities." he laughed.

"But still, I am embarrassed!" whined Aadya.

"Now stop whining! There is nothing to be embarrassed about. Shahrukh will be here any moment so forget everything and enjoy the dinner" Prithviraj cheered Aadya and excused himself to attend to the other guests.

***

"Khushi wait" shouted Aaryan from behind.

Khushi turned back and was surprised to see Aaryan.

"What happened?" she asked. "Uh, nothing... I thought it's bad manners to make a girl walk alone so thought to accompany you till the parking lot" said Aaryan scratching his head.

"Then why don't you drop me till home?" she replied resuming her walk with a small smile tugging on her lips.

"You want me to? Wait I'll just inform Sanjay and.." said Aaryan while Khushi interrupted him in between.

"Ohh god! I was just kidding. I can manage on my own. By the way, thanks for the offer." smiled Khushi genuinely making his heart flutter.

They reached the parking lot. Khushi got into the car and put on her seatbelt while Aaryan stood there waiting.

She signed him to come forward causing him to lean on her side of the window. She quickly gave him a small peck on the cheeks whispering good night and sped away while Aaryan stood there dumbfounded putting his hand on the cheeks where she kissed and then smiled to himself.

***

"So, Arjun sir now tell me what's going on?" enquired Sanjay.

"What? I don't know what you are talking about!" said Arjun in a monotonous tone.

"What are you both talking without me?" asked Aaryan joining them on the lawn while putting both his hands on either of their shoulders.

"This idiot is hiding something from us. Something is going on and I can feel it. Don't you?" Sanjay asked Aaryan.

"Only an idiot cannot sense it and I am seeing this idiot for the past few days, he is too restless. Tell us na Arjun, is this what you do with your best friends who were always there for you?" asked Aaryan starting his emotional blackmail.

"Fine! But if you guys make fun of me, I am going to break your bones and I mean it very seriously" warned Arjun.

"Okay" huffed Aaryan.

"It's just that I kind of like Aadya. She irritates me to the core but still, I don't mind her irritating me. She is intelligent and at the same time innocent too. I like seeing her smile and I want to be the reason for it. She is cute just like a minion. I just can't name what I feel for her. All these feelings are very overwhelming to me and I am still exploring them. I just need some time to figure it out" confessed Arjun while Aaryan and Sanjay stared at him with a cheeky grin.

"So, the great Arjun Raichand doesn't know what it is?" teased Sanjay.

"Even a kid can say that you are in love idiot. We can see it in your eyes Arjun. We already had a hunch about it, but the way you were smiling at Aadya's win confirmed it" said Aaryan.

"Yes. He was indeed in love with her." thought Arjun with a wide grin.

"Now what has gotten into you, that you are smiling all of a sudden?" enquired Sanjay.

"I am in love idiots," Arjun said with a huge smile agreeing to them.

"Happy realization my friend!" said Aaryan.

"Now stop realizing and start acting towards it or else her boyfriend will take her away from you!" said Sanjay.

Hearing it, Arjun's face lost all colors.

"What boyfriend?" asked Arjun with a scowl etched on his face.

"Who else... your nephew Ansh. He always clings to her and calls her his girlfriend" said Sanjay trying to control his laughter looking at Arjun's face but was failing miserably.

"The look on your face was priceless man" laughed Aaryan holding his stomach.

"Shut up both of you!" scolded Arjun and hit them on the back of their heads.