Chapter 20: Returning the favor🚗

Her phone rang again displaying Aayush's name. While Aadya was looking at the call, Arjun swiped the green button with a mischievous smirk adorning his face.

"You shorty, how dare you deliberately cut my call when I'm speaking something important" shouted Aayush from the other side.

"Shut up Aayush! Don't call me that and to answer your question, I am driving so let me concentrate on it. I will call you back later" snapped Aadya.

"Oh, come on shorty! Don't show your shitty attitude to me. Did you forget all the times you have put us on a conference call while driving huh?" reminded Aayush.

"Uh...Aayush please try to understand. Let's talk later and don't call me again and again. Pleaseeeeee" she pleaded hoping to get him convinced.

"Fine but I'm going to get back to you on this later. Bye" declared Aayush and cut the call.

"So, shorty huh?" teased Arjun wiggling his eyebrows.

She was about to retort but suddenly stopped the car and looked out to see a lot of vehicles stuck in the traffic. There was some checking going on. All the vehicles are being checked as the police were searching for some criminal.

"Shit" cursed Aadya.

"Oh god! What should I do now?!" she murmured to herself in panic.

"Why are you afraid now? Are you that criminal they are searching for?" mocked Arjun.

"Sir, you will not shout at me right, if confess something?" asked Aadya skeptically.

"Is she going to propose to me? I knew I have an effect on girls but to this extent and that too this soon?" Arjun thought to himself.

"Depends on what you say Dr. Aadya. Don't waste my time and speak fast?" asked Arjun impatiently. For some reason, he was dying to know what she wants to confess.

"Uh... Sir, actually I got my license recently but... I forgot to carry it with me." she said taking a deep breath.

"What????????" shrieked Arjun.

"It just slipped my mind, sir. What should I do now?" asked Aadya panicking furthermore.

"How would I know what to do? How come you are so careless, girl?" he said shrugging.
"Anyways, it's your mistake to forget it at home, so deal with it!"

"Wait, sir. I have an idea. Why don't you please come to this seat? You anyhow have a license so it wouldn't be a problem if the officer asks!" she suggested.

"You want ME to help YOU," he asked pointing his finger between both of them.

"We are already late sir and if you could help me with this, we can reach soon. Please" she requested, leaving Arjun to think.

He finally agreed to her and got down the car exchanging their seats.

The officer came to their car to checking. Seeing Arjun, he immediately greeted him.

"Sir, I am so sorry you had to wait for so long. I didn't know it was you. You can leave sir. Say hello to your father from my side." said the officer greeting him.

"Thank you, officer," said Arjun and started the car.

Aadya was shocked seeing the officer speaking to Arjun as if he was some VIP. She was curious to know, but couldn't ask him as it would not look good to intrude in his matters.

The ride was silent now. She didn't dare to play the music after all the stupid feats she has done. They reached the college soon and parted ways. Arjun left for his cabin while Aadya joined the other postgraduates in the ward.

Arjun noticed that in a hurry he had bought Aadya's car keys along with him. So, he called one of the staff nurses and asked her to handover it to Aadya.

He had a tight schedule today as he has to perform a special surgery on one of his VIP clients which will take a very long time. He checked the preparation procedure and scheduled the operation.

After finishing all her evening rounds, checking on all the patients in the ward, and preparing the report Aadya was all set to leave. She reached the parking and checked her bag for the keys, only to find them missing.

Aadya then remembered that she must have left it with Arjun in hurry. She went back to the hospital and asked the department receptionist about Dr. Arjun. That's when she finds out that he is in the operation theatre performing surgery.

Left with no choice, Aadya sits in the waiting area outside Arjun's cabin in their department and scrolls her Instagram feed.

After 8 long hours of surgery, Arjun was very tired. He informed the patient's family that the surgery was successful.

He finishes the other formalities and walks back to his cabin, only to find Aadya seated in the waiting area outside his cabin with a phone in her hand which was almost on the verge of falling while she was deep asleep on her chair.

Arjun caught her mobile in the nick of time when it suddenly dropped from Aadya's hands. She seemed unaware of her surroundings sleeping like a baby. She must have been very tired thought Arjun.

He cleared his throat to get her attention but she was so deep in her slumber that she didn't hear it. He then called out her name raising his voice a bit which worked out. Aadya immediately got up from the chair and greeted him.

"What are you doing here Dr. Aadya?" enquired Arjun.

"I forgot to take my car keys from you. So, I was waiting for you to come" she replied.

"You haven't got the keys till now? I have already sent them to you with Sister Mary" asked Arjun in confusion.

He then took out his phone and called the sister to enquire about it.

The sister attended the call and apologized to Arjun as there was some personal emergency at home and she had to leave suddenly so she forgot to give the keys to Aadya.

Arjun then explained the situation to Aadya while she nodded in understanding and said that it is fine with her and she will take a cab for today.

"My car is back Dr. Aadya. Just wait for few minutes, I will drop you back home" said Arjun as it was somehow his fault too.

"No sir. That's fine. I can manage" she replied.

"No more talks Dr.Aadya. I don't like to take favors. Let me return you the favor for dropping me this morning" said Arjun in a no-nonsense tone and left inside his cabin.

"No more talks Dr.Aadya" she mimicked Arjun rolling her eyes after he left inside.

Hope you guys are enjoying the story as much as I enjoy writing it.

Rate the story on the scale of 1-10!

I would like to know your honest opinions. No hard feelings! 🤗❤️

 No hard feelings! 🤗❤️