Chapter 40: Truth is out?!

Aadya ignored Arjun whenever possible, but at the same time, it was hard for her too. She would steal a glance at him whenever he didn't notice, but Arjun could feel her eyes on him and just pretend he was busy. He wanted this tension between them to fade out and decided to end it.

Aadya was walking towards the lab to get few reports when suddenly someone pulled her by her arms into the adjacent storeroom. She was about to scream but that person put their hand on her mouth and pushed her to the wall from behind.

"Relax, it's me"

She squirms her body, just a little as her muscles relax.

"Arjun?" Aadya turns around and faces that person.

"Are you crazy? Have you lost your mind?" she whisper yell at him.

"It's not me who has lost the mind, it's you dammit!" he shouted.

Aadya huffed, looking away, knowing where this conversation was going. Arjun sighed and leaned his forehead on hers, calming his mind. He was so close that her fragrance filled his nostrils, causing Aadya to shudder in astonishment.

"Am I that bad, Aadya? That you don't even want to talk to me" he asked with questioning eyes. "Trust me, what you saw that day was a misunderstanding and I don't even know who that girl was!"

Aadya didn't reply to anything.

"Speak something Aadya, please"

"I don't know what to say" she whispered and just looked at the other side.

"I think I got my answer," he mumbled and left the room, banging the door shut while Aadya stared at the door in silence.

***

"May I come in, Chairman sir?" asked Aahana knocking on Arjun's cabin.

"Bhabhi, you don't have to knock, please come in," said Arjun getting up from his chair.

"What happened Arjun? Is everything fine? You look stressed." enquired Aahana sitting on the couch.

"Nothing Bhabhi, some work stress" he replied.

"You know Arjun, I can catch your lie, so just cut the chase and tell me what's bothering you!" she asked.

Arjun sighed, knowing that Aahana wouldn't leave him till he tells the truth, so he explained everything that happened right from the start, while she listened to him patiently, not interrupting in between.

"This is what happened Bhabhi, and she misunderstood everything. I don't even know who was that girl"

"Aww! my brother-in-law had his first fight with his lady love." teased Aahana.

"Seriously, Bhabhi? This is what you can think of when I am suffering here" said Arjun, rolling his eyes at her drama.

"Oh, come on, Arjun! I know Aadya. At present, she is just insecure about her feelings. She will surely come back to you." she said, pinching his cheeks.

"Leave about me now Bhabhi, what's the reason for the sudden visit? Are you alright?" he inquired.

"Ya. I have just come here to take Aadya with me for shopping. I wanted to buy a birthday present for Ansh. She said it will take her 10 more minutes to wrap up, so thought of seeing how my sweet brother-in-law is doing" she replied.

"Ohh that's nice, Bhabhi"

"Okay. See you at home, Aadya might be waiting for me at the parking" she said looking at the watch.

"Wait! Let me drop you till the parking, Bhabhi" said Arjun and accompanied her to the parking.

***

"What the hell?! Why did you come here?" yelled Nakul talking to someone over the phone.

"Ok. Wait at the parking. Don't roam here and there. If anyone sees you, then it will become a big problem," he said further and rushed outside from the hospital.

***

"By the way, lover boy, take care of your love or else my son will steal his girlfriend from you" Aahana teased Arjun.

"No way, your son cannot even compete with me for...." said Arjun, only to stop in between looking in the other direction.

"What happened, Arjun?" asked Aahana, seeing him looking intently at someone.

"Bhabhi, she is the same girl who spoiled my date" replied Arjun pointing to the girl.

Meanwhile, Nakul went to the parking and dragged the girl to the corner end of the parking lot.

"Here is your money. Your work is done, so don't bother me again and come over here. It is risky for both of us," warned Nakul, handing over the money to the girl.

"Wowwww, so you are the mastermind behind it," said Arjun clapping from behind.

Nakul looked at Arjun in shock while the girl ran from there, sensing the danger bells.

Arjun strode towards Nakul in anger, clutching his collar.

"Didn't I warn you to stay away from me?" Arjun asked gritting his teeth and punched him hard in his stomach.

Aahana rushed to him and stopped Arjun to punch further, holding his arm.

"Let me handle this Arjun, after all, it started because of me."
.
.
.
.

Guys, How did you find today's update?

@deekshithareddy28 You guessed it right, it was Nakul!😅