Chapter 26: The Revelation!

"Wait a second! Why is this Khushi's hand rough?" she thought and looked towards her side.

Her eyes popped out seeing Arjun staring at her with some unknown emotions.

".... Dr. Aadya Mehra" Prithviraj announced her name on the stage.

Aadya immediately took back her hand from Arjun still staring at him while Khushi squealed and jumped on Aadya hugging her.

This brought her back from her reverie of thoughts and the reality slowly started sinking in. She couldn't believe that she won the contest. Slowly a huge smile made its way on her face.

"Dr. Aadya Mehra please come on to the dais" the anchor requested.

"Go Moon, shine up!" cheered Sanjay and Aaryan.

Aadya hugged them and walked towards the stage. The smile wasn't leaving her face. It feels that she conquered the whole world.

"Congratulations Dr.Aadya Mehra," said PrithviRaj proud of her achievement. "At least now treat me with a double scoop ice cream" he whispered only for her to hear"

Aadya smiled at him and shook her head as No.

"Thank you so much Sir" she replied. Aadya noticed her friends cheering for her and when her eyes fell on Arjun, he smiled at her in appreciation to which she reciprocated with a smile.

Here, Arjun was smiling like a kid seeing her win. Even if she hasn't won the contest, he would anyhow let her meet Shahrukh some other way. He wanted to be the reason for her smile. Now when she had won the contest, he is nothing but proud of her.

Sanjay who was observing Arjun for a long time, nudged Aaryan to look at him and both of them grinned at each other.

"Seems like Love is in the air!" whispered Sanjay to which Aaryan nodded.

"Kuch Kuch Hota hai Sanjay, tum nahi samjoge!" said Aaryan loudly to catch Arjun's attention.

"Huh?!" said Arjun.

"Why is the mighty Arjun Raichand smiling?" asked Sanjay.

"Right! We could see that." Teased Aaryan.

"Uhh...I'll have to go! Pops will be making an announcement soon. Meanwhile, you guys enjoy, I'll join you later!" said Arjun and went from there.

Unknown to them, a pair of eyes were looking at them in pure hatred. He wanted to destroy the smile on Arjun's face.

Aadya soon joined them down and everyone started congratulating her. She felt elated. The event continued with various performances from the students and other celebrities who were invited to perform.

"What's the commotion there?" asked Aaryan signalling the entrance.

"I think the chief guest has arrived!" said Sanjay shrugging.

"Oh my god! Shahrukh is here" squealed Aadya. Shahrukh was surrounded by the bodyguards so Aadya couldn't get a proper glimpse of him. He walked on to the VIP area reserved for the management and guests. Everyone stood up and welcomed Shahrukh. PrithviRaj thanked him for his presence at the event.

An AV of Shahrukh was played talking about his journey to success and he was called onto the stage to speak few words. Shahrukh got onto the stage and waved at everyone. All the audience cheered for him shouting his name.

The entire audience were in awe of him especially Aadya. She was super excited at the thought of seeing him but when the moment has finally come, she was just staring at him as if he would disappear if she blinks her eyes.

"Hello everyone...Thank you so much for such a warm welcome. It's an honor for me to attend the 50th-anniversary celebrations of the Raichand Institute of Medical Sciences. RIMS has been one of the prestigious medical colleges of Mumbai since the start and why wouldn't it be so, when its foundation was given by Mr. Prithviraj Raichand. I might be an inspiration to many people out there but for me, it is Mr. Raichand and I am very happy to be invited by him and be a part of the celebrations. Today on the occasion of the Golden jubilee of RIMS, Mr. Raichand would like to announce another important news. I would like to take pleasure in inviting our chairman Mr. Prithviraj Raichand to the stage."

"Don't worry, it isn't about me joining RIMS as a doctor. Although I would like to if I got a chance" he winked while the crowd erupted in laughter.

"Thank you, Shahrukh. I am glad you accepted our invitation and took time from your busy schedule to join our celebrations," said Prithviraj joining him on stage.

"On a lighter note, we would always love to have you here as a doctor but I fear your fans will occupy all the beds to get treated by you, leaving nothing for the real patients" he joked.

He turned towards the audience and spoke "Time flies so fast. It still feels like yesterday we had an inauguration of RIMS. I am so happy we reached this stage of celebrating the Golden jubilee. Thank you so much management of RIMS, doctors, supporting staff, and last but not least students to make this dream of mine come true. Time has come now for me to retire and enjoy my days taking rest sitting in the backseat"

The audience went silent and started talking in hushed whispers surprised by the announcement.

He further continued, "I am stepping down from this chairman position and I hope you will support me in it. I can proudly say that the future of RIMS is going in good hands who can take it to more heights. He is a man with a golden heart and does wonders with his scalpel, but trust me when I say he can be equally ruthless if you be on his bad side. Please welcome the new chairman of Raichand Institute of Medical Sciences, my grandson, and my pride MR. ARJUN RAICHAND."

Yayyy! Finally it's revealed🎉🎉

Guys, hopefully from tomorrow I am planning to give daily updates. Keep supporting ❤️❤️

Lots of love,
Akhila Raj.

Lots of love,Akhila Raj