Chapter 35: Master Chef sessions!

"Arjun bro do you have a girlfriend?" asked Sid munching on a carrot while Aadya was cutting the other vegetables.

"Uh...No" replied Arjun scratching his neck while Aadya stared at him in disbelief.

"Why?"

"Maybe I was busy with my work?"

"Seriously? You are boring just like my di then" laughed Sid.

"Will you stop eating the carrots and help me cut these?" interrupted Aadya diverting the topic. The last thing she wanted now was, them discussing her boring love life.

"Oh, come on Di, you are cutting the veggies, and Arjun bro is cooking. What is left for me to do?" Sid shrugged his shoulders and left the kitchen taking his carrot.

Aadya stared at Arjun who was dressed in a white shirt and beige pants with his sleeves rolled complementing his toned body. He was effortlessly mixing the ingredients as a professional.

"Stop drooling at him. You seem like a creep" her mind voice said.

"Thankfully he didn't notice me staring" Aadya shook her thoughts and got back to cutting the vegetables.

She looked up again, and at the same time, Arjun looked in her direction. She was entranced by his eyes and her heart leaped a beat when he looked at her. She has these butterflies in her stomach whenever she sees him.

Arjun walked in her direction while Aadya gulped in nervousness. He tapped her nose dipping his finger in the flour placed on the counter seeing her lost in thoughts while Aadya scrunched her nose in response.

She noticed him staring at her and raised her eyebrows in question while Arjun shook his head and grinned saying "You have little dough on your cheek, so thought of complementing your beauty by putting the same on the nose"

"Uhh!" Aadya groaned and wiped her face with the napkin.

"Am I feeling something close to adoration glinting in his eyes for me? Maybe I am overthinking. I must be crazy" she thought dismissing it. Aadya was scared of her own feelings. It was something she couldn't put into words.

"Done?" asked Arjun.

"Huh?" Arjun gestured her towards the veggies. Aadya nodded and forwarded him the chopped veggies.

She got up to make roti's while Arjun continued with the curry. After a while, the dinner was almost ready.

"How is it?" asked Arjun nervously when Aadya tasted his dish.

"Oh my goodness this is so yummy" Aadya moaned relishing it while Arjun was grinning like a Cheshire cat.

"When will I get a chance to relish your dishes?" Sid teased Aadya entering the kitchen.

"You don't need to bother me by repeating the same thing over n over again. I am far better than you. At least, I can cook something edible" she retorted while Sid stuck his tongue out acting like a child.

Aadya excused herself to quickly freshen up and come. Meanwhile, Sid and Arjun arranged the dishes at the dining table and called Pankaj and Prithviraj to dinner.

Prithviraj walked downstairs along with Aadya's dad Pankaj following behind. As they entered the dining hall, a sweet aroma filled their nostrils.

"Seems like I will have to forget my diet, Pankaj." joked Prithviraj. Aadya joined them and sat beside her dad serving everyone.

"Aadya beta, you made all these?" asked her dad surprised.

"Yes, Papa. We three made it together sweating ourselves in the kitchen" Sid sighed dramatically.

"It's not three...it's two. Arjun helped me with cooking. He was just munching on the carrot doing nothing Papa." complained Aadya pointing her finger at Sid.

"Arjun bro didn't help you. You helped him. Don't take the main credit" chided Sid while Aadya hit his head playfully.

"Why did you take trouble Arjun beta?" asked Pankaj.

"There's no trouble uncle. I enjoy cooking. I was just helping out Aadya" replied Arjun politely.

"It's too good Arjun bro," said Sid digging on his food.

"Yes, Arjun. It's really good" praised Pankaj.

"Who's grandson is he?! Of course, he will be the best in everything" said Prithviraj lifting his fake collar.

"I made the dinner too" whined Aadya while everyone laughed at her. Everyone enjoyed the dinner while Arjun couldn't be more happier. He had a great time cooking with her. He secretly wished to get many more such chances in the future.

"How is your work going on Arjun? I had to attend some important meeting that day so couldn't attend your event. I am proud of you beta. Congratulations" said Pankaj.

"Thank you so much, uncle. It's all new to me but I am doing my best and Pops and Dad are guiding me in-between" replied Arjun.

"Aadya you also join the college beta. It's already a week since you have taken leave."

"But you have to take a rest for some more time and I don't want to compromise on it" argued Aadya.

"See, I am better now," her dad said pointing at himself. "And even Siddharth is here" he reasoned.

"Fine. I will join but not tomorrow Papa. I will go from the day after." she said not budging from her decision.

Reluctantly, Pankaj agreed to her sighing in defeat.
"This girl is working hard. I heard she won the poster presentation, I am very proud of her" said Pankaj ruffling Aadya's hair while Arjun nodded in agreement.

"That is the reason I don't want her to miss college and lag behind in studies. I was reluctant to send her to the conference in Delhi last month, but later I felt I was being a hinder to her dreams so agreed"

Aadya choked on her food hearing the conference matter while Arjun looked at her with a mischievous smirk.

Ohho! God save Aadya!🙈🤞