Chapter 18: Family Dinner

"Mmm...Aahana Bhabhi there is some magic in your hands. The dinner is too yummy" moaned Aaryan relishing the food.

"Slow down dude. The food isn't going anywhere," said Arjun teasing him.

"Stop it Arjun. Let him have his dinner peacefully. Why do you have to trouble him always?!" scolded his mom, Anjali.

"Haa Aunty. Scold him like that. You are the best." grinned Aaryan giving a flying kiss to Anjali, earning a glare from Arjun.

"How are your works going on beta?" asked Mr. Vikram to both Aaryan and Sanjay.

"Good uncle. We both have partnered for a start-up. As Aaryan's main branch is here in Mumbai, we planned to start this too over here itself. Also in this way, he doesn't have to stay away from his family." explained Sanjay.

"That's nice Sanjay. By the way, where are you staying now?" enquired Vikram.

"I bought an apartment near to our office Uncle" Sanjay replied.

"But what is the need of it Sanjay, why don't you stay with us here. We would be more than happy to have you here. You are just like Aditya and Arjun for us." said Vikram unhappy with his decision of staying alone.

"Haa beta. You are a family." Anjali tried to convince him.

"Think wisely. You will get to eat my food daily. You won't get this bumper chance again and again." said Aahana.

"My wife is in businesswoman mode huh? Making the best deals just like her husband" Aditya said looking at his wife.

"Ohh come on! Like you huh? Accept it, I am much better than you!" retorted Aahana causing everyone to laugh at their banter.

"I would love to Uncle but it will be difficult for me to manage from here. As we are still in the initial stages I would have to be available in the office more, so I took an apartment near to the office. But don't worry I will drop by at the weekends" said Sanjay convincing everyone.

"I Understand beta but at the weekends you should be here. I don't want to hear any excuses later," said Anjali in an authoritative tone.

"Now this is sorted so let's have some dessert" beamed PrithviRaj.

"Daadu no shweets for you. Not hhwealthy." said Ansh in a strict tone while Anjali glared at Prithviraj.

"Uff fine!" said Prithviraj raising his hands in surrender while Ansh gave him a full-blown smile. All of them had their dinner and got back to the living room continuing with their talks enjoying their ice cream served by Aahana.

"Mumma me want one extra scoop! Plwease" pleaded Ansh.

"No Ansh. You will get cold," said Aahana sternly.

"Half scoop Plwease" he pleaded again showing his best puppy eyes.

"This idiot son of mine always melts me with his puppy eyes" Aahana muttered in dismay and served him a half scoop hesitantly causing Ansh to squeal in joy.

"Arjun, I think it's time you take over the college as the new Chairman. You have been well acquainted with our college and hospital these last few weeks. Also, it's been 50 years since we started this college so there's anyways a celebration next week so I am thinking of announcing you as the new chairman of RIMS on that day. What do you say?" asked Prithviraj.

"Yes, Arjun. I and your brother are already taking care of our other business ventures so it would be hard for us to manage everything and also, we don't want to involve some outsider to take care of our college. It will solely be your decision, there isn't any force but we would like to have you takeover RIMS. As you are already a doctor, who more than you can fit better." explained his dad, Vikram.

"I understand Pops and what dad is saying is also right. It would be good only if someone from our family takes care of the college. I am happy that you guys think of me as deserving but also I am nervous about the same. I am not as experienced as you people but I promise I won't disappoint you. I am ready to takeover RIMS," said Arjun explaining his point of view.

"I am so glad Arjun. Don't ever underestimate yourself. Business runs in our blood. I am sure you will take it to the new heights" said Vikram feeling proud of his decision.

"Yes, Arjun. We know it's all happening too soon but don't worry we all are there here to guide you through this journey," said Prithvi Raj assuring him.

"Ohh my god Arjun. You are going to be the star of the event. I will start designing your outfits. There's hardly just one week and I want my brother-in-law to look the best" squealed Aahana. She is one of the topmost Fashion designers in India.

"Bhabhi don't you think it will be too much. You have already made my outfit, right?" asked Arjun rolling his eyes.

"Offo! I made that outfit for Dr. Arjun Raichand but now we need a new outfit as you are going to be there as The Arjun Raichand, Chairperson of RIMS. So, of course, we need better than the best" said Aahana.

"Mom, at least you explain bhabhi. She is going crazy" whined Arjun looking at Anjali for help.

"I side with my daughter-in-law this time," said Anjali grinning while Arjun slumped back on the sofa accepting his defeat while everyone got busy planning the event.

"Chaachu!" called Ansh settling in Arjun's lap.

"What champ?" asked Arjun placing Ansh comfortably on his lap and caressing his hairs.

"Congrawts chaachu!" he smiled showing his teeth.

"Thank you Ansh," said Arjun placing a sloppy kiss on his cheeks.

"It's pawrty time so I want that," said Ansh cheekily pointing to Arjun's ice cream.

"You idiot. You congratulated me for this ice cream" said Arjun tickling him.

"No chachu... plwease I want only half scwoop." pleaded Ansh giving his best puppy eyes, melting Arjun who smiled at him and fed his part of ice cream to Ansh.

***

Isn't Ansh so adorable? How many of you like him???? Do let me know.😃❤️

See you soon in the next chapter.

Stay home. Stay Safe.

 Stay Safe