Chapter 23: Ice cream party!🍨

Sitting on the lawn of an ice cream parlor, Prithviraj was listening to Ansh's nonstop chatter while waiting for Aadya who was stuck up in traffic.

"Bale daadu then my tweacher say me to sit beside a girl bwecause I talking with my flend Rohan." Ansh cutely explained to Prithviraj how his day went in school.

"Hello, guys... I am sorry, I was late" apologized Aadya while pulling Ansh's cheeks and settled beside him.

"No problem Aadya beta. We also have arrived just a few minutes back," said Prithviraj.

"Yess...now ice cleam first!" Ansh jumped excitedly.

"At your service, Mr. Ansh" Aadya bowed her head dramatically.

"You wait here daadu. I and Ansh will go and bring our ice-creams," she said to Prithviraj and lifted Ansh in her arms.

They went to the counter and after 10 mins of discussion, they have finally decided on their order.

Ansh started devouring his ice cream at the counter itself while Aadya paid the bill and carried the other two icecreams and walked towards the table with Ansh.

"What is this indifference?" asked Prithviraj glaring at Aadya.

"I dint get you daadu. What did I do?" she replied batting her eyelids, feigning her innocence.

"One scoop of ice cream for me, and two scoops for both of you!" he complained.

"Please understand na daadu. It's not good for you to eat too much cold food." she requested.

"Uhh fine!" said Prithviraj and put a spoonful of ice cream in his mouth grumpily while Aadya and Ansh moaned devouring their icecreams to tease Prithviraj and laughing at him.

"You stupid kids. Wait for my time. I will surely get back at you both" huffed Prithviraj.

"So, how is everything going on in college Aadya?" he asked.

"Great daadu. I am looking forward to the event. I still can't believe it's happening." she gleamed with joy.

"Haha come out of your dreamland and believe beta. It is all real." laughed Prithviraj.

"Yes, daadu! It's high time I come out of my dreamland. I should prepare hard for the poster presentation. I can't miss the invitation for dinner."

"Dinner????? Isn't it only for the management" asked Prithviraj.

"Yes but the winner of the poster presentation gets invited for the dinner na!" she said shrugging her shoulders and digging on her ice cream.

"Oh..who announced that?" asked Prithviraj curiously.

"Dr. Arjun sir announced during our seminar time daadu. He clearly said that the winner of the poster presentation gets an invitation for the dinner after the event." She explained.

"Isn't it your idea daadu?" she enquired.

"Uh..yeah...I mean no aadya beta. Bringing Shahrukh as a chief guest was my idea but the dinner was someone else's thought." He said.

"Who daadu?" she asked out of curiosity.

"That's a surprise. Will introduce you to that person on the day of the event." Said Prithviraj grinning like a child.

"Haha ok daadu. As you say. I should personally thank him then" she gleamed.

" Girlflend one more scwoop plwease!" asked Ansh showing his puppy eyes interrupting their conversation.

"No Ansh. You will get cold and Ahana bhabhi will kill me then. We will have some other time. Promise" she said pinching her neck.

"Okay," said Ansh huffing.

***

"Mom where are Ansh and grandpa?" Arjun asked his mom while coming downstairs after freshening up.

"Here we are!!!" said Prithviraj from the entrance while Ansh got down from his arms and ran to Arjun clutching his legs.

"Where have you gone champ?" asked Arjun lifting him.

"Me getting bored Chachu so bale daadu took me out," replied Ansh.

"Okay, now enough of your talks. Go and freshen up both of you, I will arrange the dinner meanwhile" said Anjali in a strict tone.

"Offo bahu! Be cool or else you will get wrinkles soon" laughed Prithviraj.

"And Aahana beta, take this naughty kid of yours to freshen up."

Soon everyone started their dinner once Prithviraj and Ansh came downstairs. Ansh was busy telling everyone the happenings of his school.

"Chachu why you put howspital function on Sunday. If it is owther day, I can take howliday and missh my schwool" whined Ansh.

"I know you, silly boy. That's why we put it on Sunday" said Arjun laughing at Ansh.

"Acha...Aditya beta Who all are invited for the dinner after our event?" asked Prithviraj.

Arjun understood where this conversation is going and he very well knew that his Pops wanted to pull his leg.

"Just the staff and college management along with our chief guests," said Aditya shrugging.

"Ohh... I heard that the winners of the poster competition will also get a SPECIAL invitation for the dinner" said Prithviraj stressing the word special.

"I didn't know about that though daadu," said Aditya.

"Uh! It's me who added that, I thought it would motivate students for the competition?" said Arjun, which sounded more like a question.

"So this is the future chairman's first decision huh?!" said Prithviraj teasing him.

"It was just a small add on Pops. Nothing special" replied Arjun.

"Yeah, Right. I can see that!" said PrithviRaj with a mischievous smirk adorning his face.

"Umm...I finished my dinner. I will get back to the room. Got some work" said Arjun suddenly and escaped from the dining table.

"What happened to this guy?! He is behaving weirdly" mumbled Anjali.

"Don't worry Maa...maybe he is stressed out with something" said Aahana.

"Something or someone?!" Prithviraj whispered to himself.

"What dad?!" asked Vikram who sat beside him.

"Uh nothing...let's finish our dinner," he said and resumed eating with a small smile tugging on his lips.

let's finish our dinner," he said and resumed eating with a small smile tugging on his lips