Chapter 38: The Date Night

"How long will it take to get there?" asked Aadya, trying to initiate a conversation.

"We are just 15 mins away," replied Arjun, taking a glance at her.

"Aadya! We have all the time in the world, I just want everything between us to be clear and true so let's not make this awkward and enjoy our time for now," he spoke further, to which Aadya nodded in understanding.

Arjun played music, remembering her love for it.

"Here, take my phone and play your favorite songs. I kind of don't have any idea," he said scratching his neck.

Aadya's face gleamed with happiness on his little efforts to make her comfortable. She played the songs and explained to Arjun about the situation behind the songs or her favorite scenes from the movie and all, saving them from awkwardness.

Fortunately, she talks a lot because Arjun doesn't know how to keep the conversation flowing. He was glad that the journey wasn't any boring, all thanks to Aadya.

The car came to a halt. Arjun stepped out and walked towards Aadya opening the door for her, and extended his hand. She shyly placed her hands in his and got out of the car. Arjun then gave the keys to the valet and guided Aadya inside, holding her hands.

The place was screaming luxury, but at the same time, it was cozy. It had a wonderful ambiance with stunning interiors. Aadya immediately fell in love with his choice of place. The manager rushed in their direction noticing Arjun, and guided them towards the farthest corner, giving them enough privacy for their date.

Arjun pulled out a chair for Aadya and settled himself in the opposite one.

"Don't you think you are being over-chivalrous today?" teased Aadya.

"Trying to impress my date tonight. Can't give her a reason to back out right?" he winked.

"God, his wink can give me a heart attack," thought Aadya.

The waiter arrived, and they have ordered Red Velvet fried chicken, Three-cheese spaghetti, Classic Margherita pizza, and Kiwi apple delight for dessert.

"Seriously, pizza for dinner?" asked Arjun, amused by her choice.

"Nothing as such. I have been just craving pizza since yesterday but couldn't take out time because of work" said Aadya sheepishly.

"Ohh, you are full of surprises girl!" he said, looking at her admiringly.

There is something about that gaze of his. Aadya felt so nice when he looks at her with a glint in his eyes. They talk depths which she couldn't understand yet.

"What are your plans next? You are going to finish your post-graduation in two months right!" asked Arjun.

"Hmm...Maybe join a hospital or do any diploma abroad. I haven't thought about anything yet. I just want to clear my exams for now and take a break for a month." replied Aadya.

"Your minion brain had planned so much, I'm impressed," Arjun said with his tone full of sarcasm.

"Stop calling me that, and for your kind information, you better be in my good books and not make fun of my things, Who knows what can happen next?" Aadya said smugly.

"You can't blackmail me with that. I will behave and also no more teasing you" he signed, zipping his lips.

"That's like my man!" said Aadya appreciating. She widened her eyes, realizing her slip of the tongue.

"Your man, huh?" asked Arjun smugly. "I liked the sound of it" Aadya blushed a deep shade of red, not knowing how to respond.

Thankfully, the waiter arrived with the dishes preventing her from getting embarrassed further. The food arrives later, and Aadya wastes no time digging on it.

Arjun didn't tease her any further and casually talked about other things putting her at ease. She got to know a lot of things about him. It is the first time they are opening up to each other, talking about their childhood, friends, and college life.

"I was very chubby as a child and Aditya would pull my cheeks saying that they will reduce if I let him pull and I would happily agree to it," said Arjun, reminiscing his childhood while Aadya was laughing at his expense and later even Arjun joined her in the laugh.

They finished their dessert, and Aadya excused herself to go to the washroom while Arjun cleared the bill and was waiting for Aadya.

"Looks who's here, the great Arjun Raichand!" a voice said from behind. He looked towards the source, only to find a woman around her late-twenties walking in his direction. She wore a gold sequined short dress, and her face was caked up with makeup.

"What is a handsome man doing here all alone?" she asked, nearing Arjun and placing her hand on his shoulder seductively.

Arjun jerked her hand and spoke, gritting his teeth, "What the hell are you doing?"

"Aww, you missed me? I know you would. Have you forgotten that night?" she asked with a smirk plastered on her face while Arjun was puzzled at her behaviour, not knowing who she is.

"Let me make up to you, for all the things I have done before" she further spoke and leaned forward, kissing him on his cheek.

Aadya, who was returning from the washroom noticed the interaction between them. Her heart clenched with pain, and tears rolled down her cheeks. She couldn't take it anymore and left from there, wiping her tears. Not noticing the waiter, she stumbled and apologized to him for spilling water and ran outside.

Arjun immediately looked in Aadya's direction, hearing her voice. Looking at her tear-stricken face, he understood that she heard their conversation and misunderstood the situation.

"Shut up, you bitch. Get lost from here, before I lost my cool" shouted Arjun, his eyes blazing with anger and went trailing behind Aadya.

Offo! Trouble again?!😅

Don't scold me for this🙈😜