Chapter 16: Koffee with Khushi☕

"Sir???" a voice called from behind.

"This girl can't leave me alone. Just be cool Arjun. She is just a nobody to you." murmured Arjun giving a prep talk to himself.

"Yes??? What's your problem Dr.Aadya?" asked Arjun turning back.

"Sir you have asked me to send the report to your mail. I just wanted to inform you that I have sent it" said Aadya skeptically.

"Ohh okay. I will look into it. You may leave" snapped Arjun.

"Sir, I am once again sorry," apologized Aadya looking down at the floor.

"For what Dr.Aadya. It's just that you have done so many things so I just got confused for what are you sorry?" said Arjun with a sarcasm laced in his voice.

"It's a stupid idea to apologize to this idiot. Can't he just say no problem or it's okay? Why should he always taunt me?" thought Aadya scolding him in her mind.

"For your car's damage sir!" said Aadya nervously.

"You have already got your punishment for that by doing my work so that's sorted."

"Also, Dr.Aadya there is a card called License which people generally should have before taking out a car. Better get that fast or else next time no one will give you reports to finish but instead they will file a report in the police station against you. Don't know which oldie taught driving to this poor, innocent soul" mocked Arjun.

"Oldie, poor, innocent soul? Did daadu tell him everything? I don't think so he will tell because I have requested him not to. Wait, was he by any chance present in the park? No, no I'm just overthinking everything" Aadya quickly shook her thoughts away.

"Sure sir. I have already applied for a license. Thank you" replied Aadya with a small smile.

"Ok get back to your work now," said Arjun dismissing her.

Aadya went back and finished her morning rounds in the ward. She is pressing her head due to a severe headache. She couldn't have a proper sleep last night due to the presentation work given by Arjun. Even on the previous nights, she was busy with her night duties. It took quite a toll on her. She took out her phone and called Khushi.

"Hi my Aadya baby," squealed Khushi lifting the call.

"Stop with these cringy names Khushi," chided Aadya.

"Someone is not in a good mood today huh? What's the issue?" asked Khushi from the other side.

"I am having a terrible headache Khushi. I'm going to the canteen for a coffee so thought to ask you if you could join me, only if you are free," said Aadya

"I don't have any cases now. Just writing the reports. I will be there in 5mins" replied Khushi.

"Okay. See you there" said Aadya and cut the call.

"Hey Payal, I will be back in 10 mins. I am going to the canteen," said Aadya to one of her batchmates.

"Okay, Aadya. Come soon or this Hitler will start his lecture again" laughed Payal.

"Ya! I will be back soon. I don't want to hear his lecture" said Aadya rolling her eyes and walked away with a smile.

She met Khushi on the way and both walked together to the canteen.

"Nothing is going good Khushi.." Aadya started whining.

"Listen to me first na Aadhu. I have to tell you something very important." Said Khushi interrupting Aadya

"Uff! Tell me what is that important thing which couldn't wait?" mocked Aadya in a ridiculous tone.

"I had an instant crush on this guy from general medicine who came to my department this morning regarding some details of a case. You know he is so cute," said Khushi dreamily.

"A new crush huh?" teased Aadya.

"Let me finish stupid. Just as I started crushing on him. That idiot came to me and addressed me as Mam. He is a newly joined first-year postgraduate it seems. He asked me for some files and went back. He broke my heart today." whined Khushi.

"Oh god, Khushi! You seriously had a crush on some junior" laughed Aadya.

"Don't laugh at me. My turn will also come one day. Wait and watch Aadhu baby" smirked Khushi while Aadya made funny faces at her.

Soon they reached the canteen, ordered two coffees, and settled on a nearby table.

"So, tell me what happened with you?" enquired Khushi.

"I don't know at what time I have made that trip plan Khushi. Since then, nothing good is happening in my life" sighed Aadya.

"Woah! What have I missed out?" asked Khushi sipping her coffee.

"You remember that idiot who made fun of me on our trek? He joined our college and is my mentor now," explained Aadya

"What?" shrieked Khushi choking on her coffee.

"Yeah! Now you understand why I am pissed off?" asked Aadya with an exhausting sigh.

"That's the same guy then, you were literally in his arms when we came to get you after that dare" laughed Khushi much to Aadya's irritation.

"Don't remind me all that idiot. You are not at all helping me with that" said Aadya glaring at Khushi.

"I am just stating the facts duh!" said Khushi shrugging.

"Whatever! He is just taking revenge for that and is irritating me. He is a Hitler of our department. On top of that, my luck is not at all supporting me these days. I hit his car yesterday morning by mistake and then he gave me a punishment to complete his presentation by today. I had to sacrifice my sleep and prepare that stupid presentation for that idiot." whined Aadya.

"Haha! It just looks like some movie Aadhu" laughed Khushi.

"Shut up idiot! You can't laugh at my expense" said Aadya glaring at Khushi.

"Just chill Aadhu. See you both are at fault. You guys are even now. So why don't you make peace with each other." suggested Khushi.

"I haven't said anything to him as he is my mentor now. I respect him for that. Professionally, he is very good. But if he knowingly troubles me again, I am not going to sit back this time" said Aadya.

"Ok, that's good. Anyways let's get back. We have been sitting here for long." said Khushi.

Both of them finished their coffee and walked back to their respective departments.

"Aadyaaaa" someone called from behind.

***

Hey guys, who do you think is that "someone" who called Aadya?😉😉

Also please do share your views on the story so far. You can also dm me personally for any inputs on the story.

 You can also dm me personally for any inputs on the story