Chapter 29: Fangirl moment🙈❤️

Aadya was returning from the washroom when she bumped into someone in the hallway.

"I am sorry, I did not see you coming," apologized the man.

"That's okay. It was my mistake too" she replied.

"Hi, I am Dr. Nakul Ahuja. I haven't seen you before. Do you work here in RIMS?" he asked.

"No, no sir. I am Aadya Mehra, a final year postgraduate from the department of Emergency Medicine" Aadya introduced herself.

"Emergency medicine huh? An impressive choice for a girl." appreciated Dr. Nakul.

"Thank you, sir."

"Okay, Aadya. Enjoy the party!" Dr. Nakul excused himself.

"So, her name is Aadya Mehra whom Arjun's friends were teasing him about. What a pity! How could he even think of it, when I am here to ruin his peace." he thought with a devilish grin.

***

Aadya joined Sanjay and Aaryan while Arjun was busy attending to the other guests along with his family. Soon Shahrukh joined the dinner but Aadya couldn't get any chance to meet him due to the other guests who were surrounding him while Aadya was hesitating to go there due to the crowd.

The dinner was very eventful but Aadya was dull as she couldn't even get to meet him properly despite all her efforts for winning. After dinner, Sanjay and Aaryan went to Arjun's cabin to attend a video conference and promised Aadya to return back soon.

Arjun was silently watching her from time to time hoping to see that million-dollar smile on her face when she meets her star but seeing her contemplating, he understood her hesitation and walked in her direction.

"Come out of your la la land, Dr. Aadya," said Arjun standing beside her.

"Sorry sir, I didn't notice you coming"

"Pops told me you wanted to meet Shahrukh?" he asked straightening his jacket.

"Daadu told me it's your idea to invite the winner?" she retorted back.

"It was just a strategy to lure student's I guess." he shrugged.

"Thank you, sir. It was very thoughtful of you. He was indeed the motivation behind my presentation." she genuinely thanked him.

"Then why are you standing here, go meet Shahrukh?"

"Uh yes sir... I was just waiting for the right time"

"The great Aadya Mehra who stomps other's foot, who yells at others and behaves like a wild cat has become silent all of a sudden and scared to meet someone huh?"

"I am not scared. I was just trying to be polite I guess."

"You guess huh? Forget it, just follow me!" he said walking towards Shahrukh.

Noticing Aadya not following behind, he turned back and said, " Dr.Aadya you won't get this chance again to be led by THE ARJUN RAICHAND. Take it or leave it, the choice is yours. But I believe you aren't stupid to leave it."

On second thought, she felt it is better to follow him as she knew she could never muster up her courage anyhow even later. She looked at Arjun with a broad smile and followed him.

"Hello everyone. If you don't mind, could you please excuse us for a moment? I'll have to introduce the star of today's event to the Bollywood star here." said Arjun with his ever-charming smile.

Everyone obliged to him and parted away giving space to Arjun and Aadya.

"Hi, Shahrukh. I want to introduce you to Dr. Aadya Mehra, a final-year postgraduate student from our college. She is the winner of the poster presentation today and most importantly your biggest fan too," said Arjun.

"Ohh is it! Congratulations on your win Dr. Aadya. I am honored to have such a beautiful fan here." said Shahrukh extending his hand.

Aadya stood there in shock unable to form words. She couldn't believe Shahrukh was standing in front of her and is acknowledging her efforts. Arjun cleared his throat to bring her back to this world.

"Thank you so much, Sir. I am so happy I have met you today. It was my dream to meet you since I first saw you on screen." said Aadya excitedly forwarding her hand.

"Pleasure is all mine young lady," said Shahrukh smiling at her.

"Ohh god! His dimples" thought Aadya staring at him.

"Can I have a picture with you please?" requested Aadya not wanting to miss capturing this moment.

"Of course! How could I not fulfill my fan's wish?" replied Shahrukh warmly.

Aadya was looking at the other side searching for Sanjay or Aaryan to ask them to take her picture while Arjun forwarded his hand understanding her thoughts. Never in her dreams, she expected Arjun to come forward to help her.

"Don't worry, I am not that bad at clicking pictures!" he whispered to her and took her phone from her hands while Aadya nodded her head involuntarily.

Arjun clicked few pictures of them and Aadya was giving her best smile showing how excited she is.

"Why don't you join us Arjun, come let's take a selfie?" asked Shahrukh while Arjun obliged his request and stood beside Aadya to take the selfie.

Their shoulders brushed slightly and both looked into each other when the selfie was clicked. Arjun snapped back from his thoughts and then clicked another picture looking into the camera.

Shahrukh looked at the couple with a smile and thought, "A cute love story is on the way I guess."

Later, Prithviraj joined them, and both Arjun and he escorted Shahrukh outside and thanked him for taking out his time and joining their celebrations.

Aadya was so excited reminiscing her moments with Shahrukh while narrating them to her dad on call.

A man sitting in the corner signed the waiter who was looking at him waiting for his orders. The waiter slowly spiked the drink on Aadya's table when she was busy with the phone and smirked at his boss.